Camping Equipment Question

delvsie
delvsie Posts: 21
edited July 2012 in Tour & expedition
Bit of a broad subject. My question is much more specific and probably quite silly. Does anyone know where I could get a sleeping bag that rolls up tight enough to fit in a 35 litre rucksack, or can be strapped to one? The reason being that I am taking part in the London to Amsterdam 300 for Scope in September and a sleeping bag is required. I want to be able to cycle home from London on my return and don't want a big sleeping bag stopping me.

Any help / advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• I don't think you'll find it difficult to find a sleeping bag that will fit in a 35 litre rucksack. Pretty much any outdoor retailer will have a wide selection. A modern synthetic 2 or 3 season bag might occupy a couple of litres when compressed and a more expensive down bag perhaps half of that.
  • delvsie
    delvsie Posts: 21
    OK. Thanks. Off to Millets then.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    I recently acquired a Vango Venom 225 for £70 - 2 season, down filled, 800 grams. Small, light and not massively warm it's a great lightweight hiking / biking bag.

here
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    Decathlon are hard to beat:

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/s10-ultralig ... 06690.html

and they do mail order if you don't have a branch near you.

35 litres is quite a lot. Halfords sell useful velcro straps if you need to compress the bag further.