It's Friiiiday, Friiiday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

TFIF! Fair few things to do at work today, have a lot to sort out before the Crud Holiday, so will get started on that.

I watched Woman in Black last night. It's quite good, though I can see why people complained, IMHO it's not a 12A either! I have to admit being scared when something fell off my chest-of-drawers about 30 seconds after I turned my light off yesterday :lol:

Anywho's, laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Still gotta work on Saturday, Saturday, Saturday.......

, two weeks off then so mustn't grumble.

Today is a work then sleep day pretty much add its an earlier kick off tomorrow followed by an engagement party in Bilston, last time I went to one there they presented the father of the Bride and Groom.
    Got to Pop to Halfords when I finish as I left my oil in Clanks Glovebox, (sorry foxc, I couldn't wait forever for ya) :s I also left a bottle of chainlube in his landrover which is why I need to get some more.

Anyway time to go to Penarth

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

friday woo hoo :lol:

that's about it

laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Gazlar wrote:
    I also left a bottle of chainlube in his landrover which is why I need to get some more.

Your end dribbles a bit otherwise I'd give you package, but seepage would be an issue.

I'll slip it to you when we hook up next.

Mornin' snowballers,

Fryday. Bacons.

'nuff said.

Onwards! To coffee! And MEAT!!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today I got a chance to escape for a bit - so off to Manchester for a lunch meeting on fraud at Barclays, I guess they don't see the irony.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Mmm 13th.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Morning Losers!

TFIF! Fair few things to do at work today, have a lot to sort out before the Crud Holiday, so will get started on that.

I watched Woman in Black last night. It's quite good, though I can see why people complained, IMHO it's not a 12A either! I have to admit being scared when something fell off my chest-of-drawers about 30 seconds after I turned my light off yesterday :lol:

Anywho's, laters!

I watched the Woman in Black in the Cinema, and that just added to the scary experience! Was absolutely amazing afterwards, but many parts made me want to get up and walk out of a movie for the first time in my life. Saying that, was nice having that proper scare!

Morning all,

in the office having to deal with compiling contact details for a report which should have been done by someone else weeks ago, so a bummer. However, that does mean once this is done i'll be off for lunch, and can rest the rest of the day.

Enjoy your day everyone!
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    mornin' chumps and chumpettes,

Have no idea what today will bring work wise but I'm sure its going to be meh as I have a serious case of the cant be a*sed today. At least its Friday and I am supposed to be heading out tonight as it's my birthday tomorrow.

Coffee is calling
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Gazlar wrote:
    Still gotta work on Saturday, Saturday, Saturday.......

, two weeks off then so mustn't grumble.

Today is a work then sleep day pretty much add its an earlier kick off tomorrow followed by an engagement party in Bilston, last time I went to one there they presented the father of the Bride and Groom.
    Got to Pop to Halfords when I finish as I left my oil in Clanks Glovebox, (sorry foxc, I couldn't wait forever for ya) :s I also left a bottle of chainlube in his landrover which is why I need to get some more.

Anyway time to go to Penarth

Tarrah

Ooo off work for 2 weeks gaz, does this mean i meet yoru new wench?

And hola all,

Today i'm trying not to get angry at a whole nation again... wish me luck
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Meh, might go up to Cannock in a bit, need to do some fettling first though so I suppose I'll have to see if I'm in the mood for it.
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Trying to decide where to ride this afternoon, I need inspiration, but all i'm seeing is rain outside the window....

Anyway it is friday, and got a full english calling my name. (I don't mean Vanessa Feltz)

Angry B, let me know if you go cannock, could be up for some dogging later :)
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs
    Well today is meh. I need to finalise our basic salary info, plus try and sort the damage caused by mental minion. Before that I need to drink lots of tea and wait for expensive road stuff to arrive.
    Bike's not in the car as I'm doing a 75 miler tomorrow and spent 2 hours on the rollers last night to make sure my legs still work.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • rgliniany
    rgliniany Posts: 753
    Insidious.... Better than "the woman in black"

That is all :)

Enjoy your Friday and weekend!!!
    It's a boy , It's a boy , I Shouted Running Into The Street With Tears Running Down My Face.....

That's The Last Time I Holiday In Thailand

URL Pinkbike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Morning Felchers,

I'm off to the hospital in a bit to get a final check up of the hand and the b@stard plaster cast comes off at last. Been looking forward to this for over 3 weeks now, but will have to wait until next week before catching up on bikes. Then it's packing up for a weekend with mates in Lincolnshire where much beer will be drunk :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Morning,

More of the same work shite today - if I could afford it I would pack it all in - praying for a substantial lottery win on the weekend.

Just to add to my misery it's raining again.

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning chicken chokers...

Today did not start well...

> asda for brekkie

> 2 dumbarses in the queue in front of me

> kept changing their minds, 'i'm on a diet, I really shouldn't...'

> then cleaned the thing out

> no brekkie

You know those signs on busses/tubes that say "please give up your seat for elderly or pregnant people" what they need on the breakfast bar is:

'Please fuck off out of the way if you are a useless cunt queueing to stuff your face early in the morning when hungry people who need to get to work are in the queue behind you'

Onwards, hungrily to the bacon van at 11.30 :(
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Morning homos.

Had the reed in BITS last night, rear triangle completely taken apart and everything. Turns out that all this bad weather hasn't done the bearings any good. Who'd have thought eh? I've re-greased, but the bearings are starting to get rough, so it's just a temporary measure until new ones arrive.

Figured I may as well do everything at once, so stripped the fork down, re-greased, took the hubs apart and cleaned them out (surprsingly, the bearings in there are holding up well). Going to order some bearings and bushings, and probably a new BB to replace the boggo GXP one. That should have it running like new in time for crudfest.

Anyway, looking at my watch, it seems like it's bacon and sausage o'clock already.

Laters.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    No TFIF for me today as it is just another day. I suppose I am one day closer to getting time off but until then one day just blends into the next.

On the plus side the minions are still supplying plenty of fresh donuts and other assorted cakes so I had better be off and sample a few more of their offerings.

Later......
  • spongtastic
    I feel very dirty.

A set of Challenge open tubulars just arrived at my desk.

• cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    I feel very dirty.

Pervert!!
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • Gazlar
    Clank wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    I also left a bottle of chainlube in his landrover which is why I need to get some more.

Your end dribbles a bit otherwise I'd give you package, but seepage would be an issue.

I'll slip it to you when we hook up next.

Mornin' snowballers,

Fryday. Bacons.

'nuff said.

Onwards! To coffee! And MEAT!!

Ahh feel free to use and abuse it until it runs dry, I'm off to see a young, pretty but ultimately dim as an underwater candle halfords till assistant to get her to replenish my supply of slidey

Win however, coffee #1 are doing pastel de nata, my favourites of pastries
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    DodgeT wrote:
    Angry B, let me know if you go cannock, could be up for some dogging later :)

Sorry won't be heading up after all, managed to get an appointment with the doc for this afternoon.
  • Gazlar
    Lost Ian
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Gazlar wrote:
    Win however, coffee #1 are doing pastel de nata, my favourites of pastries

Last year I had the pleasure of eating in one of the worlds best patiserries in Copenhagen. I selected a delightful looking Danish Pasty from the presented array, only to be told 'we just call them 'pastries', here'.

About forty people behind me chuckled.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Gazlar
    Ahh the crazy danish and their food, I've probably told this sorry on here, I certainly did over the weekend, but the Danes call pork scratchings Flaeskesvaer, the literal translation is pork sword
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    So far, so good. No-one's bitched about me today. Off to get a mixture of chicken, bacon, and bread....
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    rgliniany wrote:
    Insidious.... Better than "the woman in black"

That is all :)
    Really!? I thought insidious was terrible. The worst mistake was they showed the demon at the end, and it just wasn't scary. It was creepy until that point, then in the last 20 minutes it fell apart to a pile of w@nk
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • spongtastic
    cazmotron wrote:
    I feel very dirty.

Pervert!!

It's been made worse by the arrival of wheels featuring stans 340s.

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Gaz!

We riding at cwm next week then if your taking it easy :p
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Wotcher Cruddies
    Just back from lunch with a friend, who then suggested beers after work. Win.

Not long till the end of the day.. and I bring you this http://whitelines.mpora.com/videos/teas ... -ever.html
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    Noon plugs and sockets
    It's Friday and I've just eaten 5 Morrisons raspberry doughnuts so expecting a suger rush at anypoint, got a flying visit to Blackpool after work via the best ice cream parlor in the northwest then I can go do my best impression of John Belushi.

Lost Ian too
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?