The Wednesday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning losers!

My car goes in to the garage today for new tyres and an MOT. Can't say I'm looking forward to it. I already hve a list of faults, do I give it to the garage and say "Fix these or it will fail" or do I just let it fail and hope they don't have as many faults? Hmmm
Anywho, still minion-less at work, and it's becoming a problem. I can't be in 2 places at once.

Meh.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    ah well, it had to end at some point. back to work today. still knackered from the bike ride.

wonder what crap they've left for me....

most of the day will be most likely be spent reading through emails.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

for some reason i thought drinking wine and staying up until 1.30am was a good idea..it wasn't!!

feel like crap and i've got to take an exam today :(

laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    meh

got home at 9pm and left at 6.30am with 'issues' stuck in my head left sleep buggered and me very tired.

Should be on a training day today but am currently at the coal face.

Meant to be cycling home as I can't keep borrowing peoples cars
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    edited July 2012
    Morning bumders

Had a full on day yesterday. 2 hours of tennis, dragged the 456 around the XC route + a few other trails at Cannock and then a couple of hours DH with Prouster and DodgeT. Not a bad day all in, considering it was my first time on a bike properly since April it went ok, only one real off, cleared a few things I hadn't managed before too.

Today will be a bit of relaxing, visiting the lunatic grandmother, and then depening how the hip is and the energy levels are maybe some tennis later.

Laters

Edit, actually I lie, I had a couple of crashes. One was a nice comedy off on the boards on Stegosaurus. Turns out it was quite slippy and my rear end wanted to overtake me, evidently going to slow for it, ended up sliding it sideways a good 5m before I eventually went down. Bumped the helmet on the wood and had to fish the bike out of the crap to the side.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Off to work in a bit, then back in at stupid o clock tomorrow so not much else going on today. Going to start returning Amy to 2x9 tonight and knobbly tyres on again

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Ah, Stego-sore-arse, how much you could bring to 'You've Been Framed'. Anyhoo....

Mornin' window lickers

Todays work will be mostly web-based stuff (it's work, honest guv), with a few emails thrown in for good measure. Largely, work will be dragging it's ar*e like a Collie with worms.

However, tonight is the usual Wednesday out with friends, shovelling pizza into my face. So at the day will end on a 'win'. I will also be trying to track down a few bits I need to for turning the crosser 2x10 (the front mech seems to be a bit of a rarity at the moment). It'll be interesting, because if 2x10 works on that, I may do the same to the hardtail, even if it does need new hubs first (I sense some splurging at Superstar in the very-near).

But honestly, the web based stuff will be work. Seriously.

Onwards! To coffee! And the internet! For works!

What? Don't look at me like that
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Morning all,

Been awake and on the move since 4 this morning, which was not to my liking in the slightest of manners! Stupid students and having to get buses and not knowing where they are going. Oh well, it is done, so the plan for today is get a bit of work done in the morning, then in the afternoon go for my driving test. Second times a charm, especially as I now know what it was that failed me last time, so know not to make that "mistake" again.
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Morning,

Feeling a little more with it today after a half decent nights sleep and a quick hour's walk with the hounds at 6:30 this morning. Mrs is out for a meal with friends after work so I have the house to myself all day and most of the night.

The plan is to survive another day at the grind stone then hopefully fit in a ride after work this evening. That's if the sun is still shining because I fed up of getting soaked.

Laters.

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning Bum lovers and sniffers,

Today will be attempting to avoid actually working and then going for a blast round Cwm Carn after work. And dutch lady has booked a trip over for 9 days, and offered to rent a bike to come out for a ride for me scary!!
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    Morning all,

Today i be 20 but holy crap im tired, might take another few hours in bed and emerge later. Out for dinner tonight with the family and missus
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Morning Turdburglars,

It almost looks nice outside today but as soon as I make a move to go outside it'll start raining, guaranteed. Have got a bloke to come round later today and hack at the jungle that passes for my back garden as I haven't been able to do anything with my spaz hand and the grass is now so long my crappy little flymo won't manage it.

Have got a list of 'jobs' from Mrs 666 to keep me occupied which I will try to ignore and get on with the stuff I want to do instead :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Mehning homos!

3rd day in a row of no rain here. Going off recent weather patterns, I believe that it can officially be deemed as a dry spell!

To celebrate, I'm going home early today and going for a ride tonight. Got to try and get the legs working before the trip to Scotlandshire (2 weeks tomorrow btw :D).

Laters douches!
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Wordup mofos...

Was contemplating riding in to work... then it started pi55ing down so cba... work things to do, designing a website for our new large format printer bit of kit... or rather designing the look of it, then giving it to someone who actually knows what they are doing to make it work.

Looks like another turbo sesh tonight judging by the weather.... july - bad times :roll:
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Alreet Lads & Ladettes,

Great evening last night with Angry Bird & DodgeT at Stile Cop DH tracks, amazingly dry considering the weather. And no falling off from me :lol:

Normal day of work today, meeting with a supplier in the middle and the boss'll be here from 11 onwards - so no interweb-based time-wasting after that :cry:

Bike-washing tonight, got to try to get the Peaks filth from Sunday off the Trance and then the Cannock grit off the SX Trail.

Enjoy!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning (ish)
    Late starts for me this week which basically means getting up when the kids wake me up, then do the school walk, then strolling into work.
    last night was swearing at my knobbies as innertubes were going to be used, the valve broke off as soon as i attached the pump, so them much swearing was used to inflate big ass 2.4's to inflate them tubeless.
    with all this mud about i'm contemplating using shakira instead of beyonce as she's all clean and lovely.

No plans tonight so maybe a light spin to see if the legs work?

Onwards to caffine!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • thekickingmule
    My car goes in to the garage today for new tyres and an MOT. Can't say I'm looking forward to it. I already hve a list of faults, do I give it to the garage and say "Fix these or it will fail" or do I just let it fail and hope they don't have as many faults? Hmmm

Well, they just called. I didn't give them the list of faults, I thought I'd see if they came up with anything different to Vauxhall. Turns out they did! In fact, nothing Vauxhall said came up on the National test!
    Apparently the front drivers side spring was cracked and needed replacing, and they recommended the others got done soon as they were a nice rust colour and could go soon. £300.
    It's about what I expected, just not for the parts I expected! still, means I'm broke :(
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    following on from my post this morning i've just woken up in my car to find that i'd been asleep for 3 hours after 'just resting my eyes'..missed my bloody exam :lol::lol::lol::lol:

luckily i've managed to blag it and have got and extension til next week...phew

on the plus side, i now feel top of the world :lol:
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981

Well, they just called. I didn't give them the list of faults, I thought I'd see if they came up with anything different to Vauxhall. Turns out they did! In fact, nothing Vauxhall said came up on the National test!
    Apparently the front drivers side spring was cracked and needed replacing, and they recommended the others got done soon as they were a nice rust colour and could go soon. £300.
    It's about what I expected, just not for the parts I expected! still, means I'm broke :(

Chin up fella, we're on holiday in 2 weeks :D
  • thekickingmule
    Yep. And we go on payday! :D I will apologise in advance for how carp I am at getting up hills. And down them for that matter :lol:
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning! Oh, oops.
    Busy day, and am now £270 out of pocket (including £100 excess) thanks to this stupid car crash.
    Ah well, sun's out here and I get to go home and.... do chores. Woop.

Kisses
    FoxC