Tattoo's

jacktheoc
jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Looking for some ideas for a new half sleeve, Quite fancy a design I have seen but not sure on the name of the design. Heres a rough idea of what it is like: http://www.tattoodesignpic.info/118-tra ... flash.html basically the womens face but with out that crappy detail around it..
Does anyone know what this design is called?

Comments

• Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    This is my design, just after some opinions really, ta muchly

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • jacktheoc
    Cant see it mate. This is my half sleeve i had done about a year a go now. In memory of my older brother who passed away. Words say 'Where words fail music speaks' good saying that reminds me of him.
    Heres a pic (Koi is on under side, had it touched up a little since so looks a bit more full on the waterfall)

?action=ssp&pid=138058
  • Jimbob_no5
    Can't see your's either haha is the link for mine not working?
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Image fail.
    Waterfall-Sunset-Koi-Butterfly-tattoo-138058.jpeg

What you're after is just a classic tattoo of a woman. Possibly Sailor Jerry? Most tattoo places will do them.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • jacktheoc
    Il mock up a few ideas and see what they come up with, i like how the woman with a decent design around it fits on the arm, looks really nice.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    you cant go wrong with a classic

black-anchor-tattoo-on-arm.jpg
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Yup, it's a traditional sailor jerry style gypsy girl and traditional rose :)
  • thekickingmule
    mudcow007 wrote:
    I would have completely disagreed until a few months ago, when I started researching Sailor Jerry stuff. It started off that I wanted an anchor, now I'm thinking of getting a half-sleeve done with Sailor Jerry and other 'small random things' on it.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I think you guys are weird. Sailors and anchors and suchlike. Popeye had tatoos.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • thekickingmule
    Popeye was cool though.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 wrote:
    I would have completely disagreed until a few months ago, when I started researching Sailor Jerry stuff. It started off that I wanted an anchor, now I'm thinking of getting a half-sleeve done with Sailor Jerry and other 'small random things' on it.

sailor jerry rocks, remember demolishing a bottle of it at a festival an not waking up until about 15:00 the next day

also the chicks on the bottles are hot.....for cartoon chicks
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Popeye was cool though.

No he wasn't, he ate spinach.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • thekickingmule
    Spinach is cool. Well, it's nice.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Jimbob_no5
    thumbnail.aspx?q=4909109581382769&id=660ed2d0c73704c3cb23a3e46b58530b

This what im getting next month
    Pinkbike

2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Always wanted a tattoo but I have a great aversion to needles in me, ie passing out. Though I can easily look at them elsewhere etc.

I also don't know what to have or where to have it.

I can see me getting a 'hilarious' drunken tat at some point
  • thekickingmule
    I don't like needles either (though not as bad as you by the sound of things). If it's any help, the tattooing needle neither looks like a needle, sounds like a needle or feels like one. It didn't hurt me at all, though that depends on where you get it done.
    Drunken tattoos are the perfect excuse for an awesome coverup ;)
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • kinggareth
    kinggareth Posts: 40
    I started looking at Sailor Jerry tattoos for my sleeve, but decided they were a little simplistic. i still used them as my inspiration though, and this is the start of my sleeve.

IMG_6716.jpg

It's similar to what the OP seems to be looking for. I searched for Candy Skulls and Candy Skull Gypsies to find a design I liked.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    This should suit you down to earth...

921484.jpg
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Don't bother fannying about.

funny-tattoos-get-that-removed-right-meow.jpg
  • anj132
    anj132 Posts: 299
    EH_Rob wrote:

Possibly the best tatoo I have ever seen.
  • anj132
    anj132 Posts: 299
    Although a mate is getting a camel tattoo'd on his toe. Another had 'your name' on his arse, ideal for free drinks. 'I bet I have your name tattoo'd on my arse'.
  • mudcow007
    anj132 wrote:
    Although a mate is getting a camel tattoo'd on his toe. Another had 'your name' on his ars*, ideal for free drinks. 'I bet I have your name tattoo'd on my ars*'.

steve-o from jackass has "your name"

clicky
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    anj132 wrote:
    EH_Rob wrote:

Possibly the best tatoo I have ever seen.

I honestly don't know why you'd bother with anything else.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    compo wrote:
    Always wanted a tattoo but I have a great aversion to needles in me, ie passing out. Though I can easily look at them elsewhere etc.

it really isn't like that- the gun looks more like a small airgun and there's no sort of stabby sensation. It can be burny, mind. I ended up falling asleep in the chair, I found it really soothing. The artist didn't, she kind of freaked out :mrgreen:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Northwind wrote:
    compo wrote:

it really isn't like that- the gun looks more like a small airgun and there's no sort of stabby sensation. It can be burny, mind. I ended up falling asleep in the chair, I found it really soothing. The artist didn't, she kind of freaked out :mrgreen:
    Yeah i find it soothing, i took a book along.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Toying wth the idea of getting something like this on my back of my shoulder. Hopefully it won't take too long or hurt too much
    2648217927_92876ba92a.jpg
  • thekickingmule
    If you can find a good artist, take a picture of your favourite bike and they'll make it look amazing! There are some seriously amazing artists out there.

Take that picture to a local studio, get them to draw some designs for it and express your concerns. And, as VW says, take a book (though that wouldn't take too long)
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    Rule number 1 about tatoos.
    Never ever get one out of the catalog, design or get one made, it is an artform that will be with you for life. Nothing worse than seeing some bod with the same tat as you and you paid in pain for it.
    Don't think, BE:
  • Rucks
    Rucks Posts: 93
    Had a new neighbour move in next door last year, really nice guy, bit odd and loves his tats, every time I see him he has to show me his latest edition, he's starting to look abit like a doodle pad now.
    Has the funniest tattoo I've seen, on the inside of his bottom lip is "fuck off you cunt" upside down so when he pulls his lip down its the right way up, also has his pet name for his todger tattoed on it (so I'm told, his mrs isnt happy)
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    compo wrote:
    Toying wth the idea of getting something like this on my back of my shoulder. Hopefully it won't take too long or hurt too much
    2648217927_92876ba92a.jpg

Haha, I have something similar - mentioned that I want a bike tattoo when sitting for another one, the artist said 'sod it, I'll do you a freebie'.. so.. yeah, 5 minutes later.. this:

P5130103.jpg

The worst part of a tattoo in my opinion? Being shaved by somebody else when you're rather hairy. Before anybody says - yes, I know this is a crap tattoo, but it makes me smile every time. It's so small and in such an obscure place, I don't really care.. I have a mint sauce tattoo amongst the others too.