Touring & Exped.

desweller
desweller Posts: 5,175
So the Touring and Expediton area has been made a subsection of Routes & Organised Rides.

This presumes that all casual visitors on the hunt for cycle touring information will only be looking for routes and will therefore make their way to the Routes & Rides section automatically.

Can you tell us how you plan to cater for tourists looking for kit information, buying advice, country specific advice for taking bikes on mass-transport, training info etc. etc.?

Cheers.

DW
- - - - - - - - - -
On Strava.{/url}

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,218
    Can you tell us how you plan to cater for tourists looking for kit information, buying advice, country specific advice for taking bikes on mass-transport, training info etc. etc.?

For buying advice I'd suggest the road buying advice thread.

For training, I'd suggest the training part of the forum.

For stuff relating to transport - the road general section.

Or you could always continue to post in the Tour & Exp area. It's still there, there's just a layer beforehand.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675

For buying advice I'd suggest the road buying advice thread.

For training, I'd suggest the training part of the forum.

For stuff relating to transport - the road general section.

Or you could always continue to post in the Tour & Exp area. It's still there, there's just a layer beforehand.

Could not have put it better.

And for discussing tours, expeditions or even organising a ride the forum is still there.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • desweller
    Mm. I s'pose. It's just not apparent to new visitors any more, so eventually I guess it will be closed altogether due to lack of new posts.

Would it not meet your requirement for tidying up the index to move it to Special Interests? Oh, you've closed or hidden that too.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • desweller
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • I'm not wild on the new location (OK it's only one more click but imagine I'm lazy) but am I the only one who is bothered?