My do it all bike.

an_original_name
an_original_name Posts: 339
edited July 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Picked up a Nukeproof Mega frame a few weeks ago to replace my specialized pitch frame (for sale if anyone is interested?). It's currently dressed ready for a biking season in Queenstown. I'd usually have a 2.2 nick on the back, 2.2 fat al on the front, and a reverb seatpost, but seeing as 90% of the riding I'll be doing in Queenstown is lift assisted park riding I decided to put some beefier tyres on and loose the uppy downy goodness that was the reverb. sorry for the bad quality pics, ipod touch camera was all I had to hand.

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

Spec:

Nukeproof mega frame medium anodized silver
Nukeproof warhead headset
BOS Deville 160mm forks
Stans flow on Pro 2's
Both tyres are 2.35 Muddy Mary's, front is a vertstar, rear is trailstar, both set up tubeless
Formula the one brakes, superstar rotors (203mm front, 180mm rear)
Raceface atlas am cranks
Superstar ultra mag pedals
E thirteen g-ring 32t (might go up to 36 for Queenstown), no name bash guard
Da bomb recoil chainguide (superstar plasma was out of stock in black so ordered this. Its identical and cheeper :) )
Shimano XT shadow+ rear derailleur
Shimano XT 11 - 36 cassette
Shimano XT shifter
KMC 10 speed chain
Superstar seatpost
Fizik gobi saddle
Element nickel wide flat bar, cut to 730mm
Thomson 70mm stem
Peaty lock on grips

Not sure on the exact weight, with the nick on the back, al on the front, and a reverb it was 30.6lb. I guess the tyres have added close to 1lb, but loosing the reverb will have shaved a little off. Probably around 31.2 ish.

Comments

• miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Very, very nice 8)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Where'd you get the XT shadow+ rear mech? I know Orange are putting them on new bikes now but didn't think they were generally availalble yet.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • oodboo wrote:
    Where'd you get the XT shadow+ rear mech? I know Orange are putting them on new bikes now but didn't think they were generally availalble yet.

I know a guy who knows a guy who's grandma's cousin's daughter's nephew's sister's babysitter works for Shimano.

Seriously though http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/m ... -mech.html
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Cool, I didn't know they were on sale yet.

Nice looking bike as well, silver is the new black :)

Why the swap form the Pitch?
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • I've been wanting something new for a while. The pitch was 3 years old, and when comparing it to newer all mountain bikes like the mega and intense tracer, it had a VERY soggy back end. Plus I wanted something a little bit burlier for my season in Queenstown.

Not saying the pitch wasn't a good frame of course, it was/is a great trail weapon.
  • Bos devilles. Mmmm.

I still can't believe quite how good they are, especially when they were cheaper than a set of 36 floats. They're off for a service today so should be back in tip top condition next week ready for my season.
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    rumour has it fox are overrated / overpriced (says the man riding with marzocchi & manitou) :D
  • rumour has it fox are overrated / overpriced (says the man riding with marzocchi & manitou) :D

nothing against fox, they make great stuff. Before the devilles I had a set of 2007 36 floats, can't really fault them. But when it came to buying a new set it was either £850 ish for another set of floats, or £750 for the devilles, which are lighter and better damped imo.

I do wish TF tuned would start servicing BOS stuff though. it took me 4 days worth of emailing to organise the service from r53 sport, posted them off yesterday, they will apparently be serviced on monday/tuesday, so i'll have them back wednesday/thursday. not quite as good as TF's 3 day turn around :(
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    are those the old devilles??

r53 aint to bad they were pretty quick at getting our kids devilles back to him.. and when he sent his ndees off they were back inside of a week.
  • delcol wrote:
    are those the old devilles??

r53 aint to bad they were pretty quick at getting our kids devilles back to him.. and when he sent his ndees off they were back inside of a week.

yeah they are the older devilles, i don't think they changed very much internally on the new ones, just decals etc.

got a phone call from them this afternoon saying they had been serviced but missed the last post so they'll be posted tomorrow and arrive wednesday. I dunno, maybe i'm expecting too much from them, but before i bought them i spent a bit of time emailing and calling roger estrada, the guy in charge of r53 engineering, and he was always a massive help, never taking more than about an hour to reply to an email, even if it was 7 or 8 pm. This is the first time i've dealt with r53 sport, but the service is definitely not as good as before the company split.