Antur Stiniog - 4th August

Majski
Majski Posts: 443
edited July 2012 in MTB rides
I've booked on the uplift at Blaenau Ffestiniog for 4th August. Trails look fun ranging from blue trail centre type descents to decent rock DH runs all accessible by uplift. If anyone wants in email Adrianbradley1 @ aol . com

Comments

• DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Whats the deal, cost, runs etc?
  • Majski
    £26 quid uplift, apparently you get 12-15 runs a day, 4 tracks should be open
  • DodgeT
    Hmm, birthday weekend so will have to see what I can swing..
  • Majski
    Opens this weekend. Already got over 200 bookings for the first 5 weeks. Only 3 trails open the first weekend with the last one opening 2 weeks later.

Trail centre and pump track / jumps open november and XC loop open next spring. It looks fun but geared up as easier DH rather than full on. Mainly the kind of stuff you'd hit happlily on a trail bike by the looks of it. Lots of well surfaced jumpy stuff.
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    Sounds right up my street. Can't make the 4th but will definitely have to get over there sooner rather than later.
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    hummmmmmmmmmmmm. thanks..

maybe taking a trip to this place..

can you only ride it via the uplift?..
  • DodgeT
    Col, you ever been to festiniog? Wouldn't want to push up them hills...
    We should get a date sorted and go, share the fuel, just can't do that weekend.
  • Majski
    delcol wrote:
    hummmmmmmmmmmmm. thanks..

maybe taking a trip to this place..

can you only ride it via the uplift?..

Uplift only atm, push up track due later this year. Big hill though!
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    dodge defo have to try sort something out would defo like to get there...
    dont know if i will be able to make the 4th now i work for a living ( it's not all it's cracked up to be) i have to work 1 in 3 sats.. :(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    i never been to festiniog no.. but sure it cant be as big as some of them mountain we were pushing up in whistler.
    me thinks uplift is the way to go though...
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    How do we book uplift? I'm thinking I might be able to get up there on the 11th August but I can only find the coming soon page. And uh, this thread is the second link on my google search.

edit - oh wait, that email address is how to book, I thought it might be yours. I get it!
  • Majski
    Yeah email adrian if you want to book on. He's had issues with getting the website working so taking bookings via email.

Loads of info on the first 3 trails here http://ride.io/riding/antur-stiniog-new ... rth-wales/ unfortunately a couple of them are looking a little too trail centre-ish for my liking. Will be interesting to see what the black run is like when it's finished.
  • DodgeT
    Thanks majski, had been struggling to find some good info on it, looks cool, could well be an alternative to the weekend we were planning ant fort william and probably less chance of killing myself :)

Col, I couldn't make the 4th if I wanted to, away with little'un, we shall arrange a weekend though, see if we can get Ali along too !
  • Majski
    Cool, i'll put some feedback in here after the 4th
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I was there on the opening day yesterday, trails are amazing. Blue and red trails are like a tricky trail center descent, but lots of fun, and very fast - the faster you go the more you get out of it. Lots of blind crests and such that need learning though.
    The black run that was open was ace, steeper than any trail center I've ridden, and properly rocky. You'll definitely know you've done a full run by the time you get to the bottom. I wouldn't class this as a "Trail center" descent, t's definitely DH.
    The A-line which was unfinished yesterday has been ridden by some of the locals, and is apparently f-ing bonkers.

Everyone who was riding was raving about it. The trails offer enough challenge so that even after a full day's riding, you'll still be trying to hook up that perfect line all the way down.

their website should be online on tuesday, making it a bit more straightforward to book uplifts.

There's a little cafe and snack shop in the Llechwedd visitor center in the adjoining car park if you want a quick bite to eat, and there's a few places in the village.
    Proper visitor center will be getting built soon.

Have fun