Mehnday Morning...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers.

I feel shattered, like physically shattered. I think I need a real good nights sleep where no alarm wakes me. Ah well.

At some point I need to get my car to a garage for new tyres to be fitted. Not sure how though as I work 9-5 pretty much hmmm I'll have a word with the boss. I'm getting part-worn tyres, sod paying any more money for this car than I need to!

Not sure what the rest of the day has in store. The minion is off on holiday this week, so I'm sure I'll be running round like a headless chicken :roll:

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' good people of the CC.

F**k it. Good mornin' to the rest of reprobates and raperbots, as well.

Back in work after pedaling around the place for three days. Spent yesterday mostly chilling out and cleaning kit, and actually missed not getting out on the bike with Team Sausage. Makes me realise how much I enjoyed it!

Still, today will be a day of visits in work and catching up on facility plans, as well as plotting my escape. Tonight, I may hit the supermarket. In the meantime, I shall console myself with copious hot beverages - some will be coffee.

Onwards! To coffee! And tour-guiding!

.....and possibley bacons.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

feeling tired and i think i'm getting man flu :(

but bikes in the car and i'm off to CC after work :D

laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    thekickingmule - part worns, I would always avoid. Depending where you are I might be able to do a deal

Great ride in on the singlespeed this morning - starting to enjnoy the pain too much!

Today is meeting meh
  • thekickingmule
    matthew h wrote:
    thekickingmule - part worns, I would always avoid. Depending where you are I might be able to do a deal
    They only need to last 9 months to a year, as that's wen I plan on getting rid of the car (basically the minute my last payment goes out). I'm based in Leeds, sadly a bit far from Shropshire. I'm going to phone a tyre company around the corner from my house, start there and work my way to cheaperness
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Well... that weekend could've been better...
    Got a sunburn on Saturday. Sore legs.
    Drove to Asda, got 200m from my house before some numpty drove into me at a cross roads, teh faithful Focus is probably a write off. Typically I've just taxed it for a year, and my insurance is due in 4 days. And I have 2 weeks to sort it out before I go on holiday. Fun times! Fortunately TFN and I were fine, not even a whiplash, so now it's just the inconvenience of having to catch a bus with the plebs, work out how to get back from yoga/the gym etc. and deal with the repair/replacement and the many many phone calls. oh the personal injury phone calls! :roll:

Other than that went to Cannock yesterday and felt like I'd seriously lost my bike mojo, added to the knee pads rubbing on the sunburn, means I've also got scabby knees.

Oh well, onwards to green tea and muesli....
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning
    Well... that weekend could've been better...
    Got a sunburn on Saturday. Sore legs.
    Drove to Asda, got 200m from my house before some numpty drove into me at a cross roads, teh faithful Focus is probably a write off. Typically I've just taxed it for a year, and my insurance is due in 4 days. And I have 2 weeks to sort it out before I go on holiday. Fun times! Fortunately TFN and I were fine, not even a whiplash, so now it's just the inconvenience of having to catch a bus with the plebs, work out how to get back from yoga/the gym etc. and deal with the repair/replacement and the many many phone calls. oh the personal injury phone calls! :roll:
    Kisses
    FoxC

i'm glad to hear you're ok :D

but if it was someone else's fault i'm sure yo can get a hire car and just add it to the payout you get from their insurance. well, that's what our insurance company did when a knobber crashed into the gf a few years back.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning mud mongs...

I am critically ill with man flu

that is all
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Foxc, good to hear you're OK apart from the knees :-)

Morning Molesters,

Off into London this afternoon to continue the job search, starting to show some promise. Then a couple of beers in the City with mates. Was going to go running this morning but its just started feckin raining again and I don't fancy running around with a carrier bag on my arm to keep the plaster dry...will have coffee and wait for a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Some sort of sporting activity this morning.
    Bikes this afternoon, somewhere local. Going to Cannock tomorrow, I would go today too but can't be bothered to ride and can't afford the petrol.
    Servicing forks at some point too.

Yup think that's about all there is to my day.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Salutations Maggots,

A cold spell has kicked in here, so "brrr" sums it up. The irony of wearing three layers while the sun is out still amuses me..

A weekend of meh here, didn't do too much. Today off to the local army base as they've offered "all" veterans of the 1966-1989 conflict once off "pension" payouts. No idea how much the payout is or how long it will take, but you got to be in it to win it..

Today I'll be seeing if the boxes of personal warez has arrived at the depot, if so, then win, there are some warm jackets in that there box

On a more Cruddish note, I am fitting Avid brakes and rotors to my son's hardtail, as the Tektro brakes suck piles. Needless to say the rewards of my labour will be taking 'temporary' ownership of this bike until I can buy my own

Fox_C good to see you're in one piece, can have our fellow Crudders stalking the wounded or disabled now, can we?
  • foxc_uk
    welshkev wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Stuff I wrote

but if it was someone else's fault i'm sure yo can get a hire car and just add it to the payout you get from their insurance. well, that's what our insurance company did when a knobber crashed into the gf a few years back.
    This is something I will be chasing up today, hopefully I'll have wheels again in a couple of days. I'm giving them a morning's grace before I start hounding them!
  • thekickingmule
    foxc_uk wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Stuff I wrote

This is something I will be chasing up today, hopefully I'll have wheels again in a couple of days. I'm giving them a morning's grace before I start hounding them!
    You're giving an insurance company a days grace? You're a nicer person than me! Considering the amount I pay them monthly, they should be bending over backwards to see what they can do for me. I'd be hounding them from day 1.
    Hope you get it sorted quickly!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon already. Same old monday for me. My son, however, has gone to Deers Leap mountain biking with his school. Never been, don't know if it's any good. But I'm sure it beats sitting in a classroom. I'm sure he'll have a great time. Lucky sod.
    Why didn't I ever get to do that kind of thing when I was at school?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Good day one and all

First day of new job in south wales, you would think in this computer age that the paperwork would be minimal but oh no! They have launched a ton of the stuff at me! The job is as an aircraft damage repair assessor, just outside Cardiff, got my bike here with me but have slick tyres on it! Doh! That problem should be rectified at the weekend then i will be hassling you sth wales crudders to show me the way! If you can spare a couple of hours from your stalking!

@ foxc glad you are both ok, as for the insurance clowns get stuck in sharpish!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    bg13 wrote:
    First day of new job in south wales, you would think in this computer age that the paperwork would be minimal but oh no! They have launched a ton of the stuff at me!
    When I was at school we were told that computers would lead to the paperless office. The reality of it is that computers have led to twunts printing out reams of pointless shite.
  • foxc_uk
    Insurers chased, call back received, waiting to hear from the garage. Funtimes!
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    Afternoon all, been on the go since 5am with Harpers Bazaar, sorting out fecking guests leaving at 5:30am and then some at 6ish then more at 8 and the rest at 9, been a fecking day so far. Anyways time for a pint :D
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Ive been working :shock:

The aftermarth of Team Sausage are starting to take affect, and i have had lots of phone calls and texts wanting to know if i'm in pain. well i can confirm that not as much as yesterday.

Clank, sorry i missed you leaving on saturday night i was blowing up my mattress in my tent, and no thats not a euphemism.

Ste_T i just couldnt be bothered top find you on sunday to say bye. :wink:

Will be looking forward to going to sleep again tonight, still feel tired/achey/hungry/etc

Onwards to dinner
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Well that took longer than I'd hoped to service the rebas. I couldn't find anything to fit the seals so started chopping up bits of old hoover, took fucking ages to get the stanchions and lowers lined up and back together, and even then I took them out the stand to find I'd made a pair of manitous :lol:

All sorted and working lovely now though, nothing major but noticeably smoother now with some new seals and new oil in them and a lot of crap out of them.

Also I forgot to eat lunch because I was out riding the road bike, then came back and started fettling straight away so I'm starving, Lasagna tonight though so I'm sure I'll fill myself up on that :D
  • mintedox
    mintedox Posts: 273
    I was knocked over by a learner earlier, reversed into me and dragged my bike and leg along. I lost my temper and got angry but everything is ok. Surely reversing up a bus lane isn't a good idea?
    Papa? Nicole
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    allo

bin a bit busy today sorting out all my shoot and stuff but hello.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    mintedox wrote:
    Surely reversing up a bus lane isn't a good idea?
    if that what they call it round your way :wink: each to their own.

Glad your ok though.

god i'm bored. another 20 mins to go
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty