Peaks route this saturday - help me choose :)

DodgeT
DodgeT Posts: 2,255
edited July 2012 in Routes
Was originally thinking of doing cut gate / ladybower route on saturday and raising the water bottle to kaise whilst there :wink: however, with all this rain I don't think that route will be a good idea?

So, what route would be better for this current weather were having, something perhaps more rocky than muddy etc? Ideally something around the 20 mile mark.

Ta :)

Comments

• Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Not ideal for you, but we're doing a great 22 miler around Hayfield on Sunday afternoon.

It's a really great blend of rocky climbs / descents plus a few really great long descents across the moors.

You're welcome to join us if you can change your plans.
  • How do Mr Proutser. Could I enquire who 'we' is and whether I might join you if things fall into place? What time you leaving?
    I'm supposed to be camping in Hayfield on Saturday - Sunday with the kids but was thinking whether I could get some miles in afterwards.
  • Dodge
    Maybe something involving cavedale? It seems to lack mud if my memory serves.
    Park at blue john caverns (I think). Up the landslides mam tor road. Bit on the road towards chapel en Frith then up some farm track which leads eventually to the top of cave dale. Maybe
  • Supposed to be cycling from Hayfield round Chinley Churn with the Kids this weekend but the last time we did it was very muddy.
    Probably try the full trail round ladybower with a quick drop down Lockerbrook, at the end.
    00 carrea kraken SE(still going)
    09 M-trax 2.0ht
    11 Cube AMS 100 comp. 2011
    12 Canyon Nerve XC 8.0
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    How do Mr Proutser. Could I enquire who 'we' is and whether I might join you if things fall into place? What time you leaving?
    I'm supposed to be camping in Hayfield on Saturday - Sunday with the kids but was thinking whether I could get some miles in afterwards.

"We" is me & a few others (3 / possibly 4 in total at the moment). One is super-fit for the climbs but is a bit of a wuss on the descents, another is a girl(!!) who is quite fit on the climbs but again a wuss on the descents plus me, and I'm sh!t on the climbs but live for, and am nutty on, the descents!!

You're more than welcome to join us, we'll be starting at around 2pm from the Sett Valley Trail carpark in the centre of Hayfield. I've got a black Freelander and ride a silver Giant Trance X.

If time pressures mean that you can't do the full 22 miles (which will take 4-5 hours) then there are a number of points where you can just turn off and head back into Hayfield to cut it short.
  • pah,
    No can do apparently. Missus has decided we're going to Llandegla.

cheers anyway
  • DodgeT
    This is what we ended up doing http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40066&t=12864746&p=17724645#p17724645 you missed a good one TG :)
  • Hmph. Looks amazing. In the end my missus didn't even cycle after dragging me off to 'degla. So I had a quick game of bike cricket on the black route. Managed 51 not out which was reasonable. Given most people were at lunch. No idea what length the black is these days but was pleased with 1 hour 22 mins. Did the blue too to try and stretch the effort to 2 hours. Might try to go to lee one evening if you fancy it.
  • DodgeT
    Shame about that. Will post up next time we're doing anything similar.

Yeah, would be up for Lee one evening, let us know when your thinking.