Relocating to West Midlands.. Help

Chewbag
Chewbag Posts: 8
edited July 2012 in Routes
So I've lived in Kent since the day I was born, and due to my Fiance being a brummy.. I've had to up sticks and move up to Rubery, Rednal. New job, new location and new life.. baring in mind being from the south the midlands are classed as the north.. pronounced THE NORF. I have no idea what is going to be available to me. Obviously I'm going to be a little billy no mates now.. and riding is twice as fun in a group. Aside from Cannock and obviously being much closer to Wales any other hidden gems near me?

Thanks!!

:P

Comments

• Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    What kind of riding?
  • naffa
    naffa Posts: 126
    Lickey Hills, Clent Hills and a canal network on which you can ride anywhere in the country.
    Cheers Nathan.
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Chewbag wrote:
    Obviously I'm going to be a little billy no mates now.. and riding is twice as fun in a group. Aside from Cannock and obviously being much closer to Wales any other hidden gems near me?
    There's no need to be Billy No Mates if you're living in Rubery. The hidden gem you're looking for is my cycling club, the Beacon Roads CC: http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/ . You could hardly be more convenient for the clubruns which start from the Black Horse public house on the A38 in Northfield - a hop and a skip from Rubery. Have to admit we're more road-based than off-road (have you got a road bike?) but we've got a growing contingent of cyclocross riders and a few of us dabble in mountain biking. We've even entered a team in Sleepless in the Saddle so you'd find a few of us are willing to get mucky off-road. A few of the guys train on MTBs in the Clent Hills and Cannock Chase isn't too far away.

Ruth