Four4thlights Are You Tough Enough 2012

panterpop
panterpop Posts: 19
edited July 2012 in XC and Enduro
Just a little info for you all, this yearly event is taking place on the 15th July at Porridgepot Hill as usual.

All info @ http://www.areyoutoughenough.co.uk

Comments

• panterpop
    2 weeks today and you will be sitting at home thinking what a great race, course and could I have done better and pushed it a bit more to get those extra laps and places in! See you soon folks!
  • JasonRwmb
    JasonRwmb Posts: 268
    Forgotten about this :oops: One of the best events I did last year. Looking forward to the challenge of 6 hours solo this year :shock:

So will the course be as good as the last couple of years?
  • panterpop
    Ha Ha........Dry and Dusty!!!!
  • alansd1980
    alansd1980 Posts: 201
    I have been toying with the idea of doing en endura event and thought this might be a decent one for me.

Just a couple of questions... If I were to enter the 4 instead of the 6 hour event do you still get a chance to ride the course before you start?

How technical is the course?

Is it likely to be full of racing snakes who are likely to take exception to less svelte riders getting in the way?

Dont want to enter and find myself way out of my depth so thought it would be better to check first!
    Banstead in Surrey to Russell square and back
    FCN 4
  • panterpop
    If you get to the Venue in time you will be able to ride it b4 hand and the cse will be set ready by 1600hrs on Saturday.

There are a couple of fun techy sections but nothing to daunting, however, a couple of drops and bomb hole but they have an alternative route if you don't fancy it.

You will get a good mix of abilities at this event, I would say that most racing snakes will be smashing them selves at the NPS.

You'll enjoy it.
  • alansd1980
    Thanks for the info.

Count me in.... Signed up for the full thing!
    FCN 4
  • JasonRwmb
    JasonRwmb Posts: 268
    I am sure you will be fine, for the last few years there has been a real mix of riders. Have a look at last year's results on Timelaps to give you an idea of the variation in rider speeds.

Normally the rider etiquette in long races is better than in shorter xc races, as everyone is a bit more relaxed, and has a bit more time to overtake. Certainly in the years I have raced it everyone has been very polite on course. The pace can be a bit crazy at the start, but it soon slows down. And as that panterpop says anyone who is fast should be at the Nationals.

Can the chicken runs be slower than the main line this year please?
  • gazhurst
    gazhurst Posts: 75
    Arent the Nationals the week after this year?

Are you racing Jason? I keep meaning to message you about showing me around some of your trails as I'm getting bored with Swinley now
  • panterpop
    Getting with the times, now have a Facebook page!

Are You Tough Enough that is.

AYTE
  • alansd1980
    Another quick question from the newbie...

Is there a transition area where food and drink can be left or should it all be carried. Just trying to sort out how much kit etc to bring which could be dependent on how much has to be carried. Is the car park close to the course for changing during the race in case the conditions are particularly bad?

Thanks
    FCN 4
  • panterpop
    edited July 2012
    OK then, One week to push in the busy MTB Calendar and then it's AYTE! A lot of Course prep this week to make it a most enjoyable experience for all!!

Will keep you updated on Course conditions throughout the week ! :D
  • panterpop
    alansd1980 wrote:
    Another quick question from the newbie...

Is there a transition area where food and drink can be left or should it all be carried. Just trying to sort out how much kit etc to bring which could be dependent on how much has to be carried. Is the car park close to the course for changing during the race in case the conditions are particularly bad?

Thanks

Simples...... YES, YES and YES! :D
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Arent the Nationals the week after this year?

Nat Champs are, but the final round of the BMBS series is next weekend.

I don't think I can be bothered to drive to Essex, so I'll do the AYTE I think! If I ever shift this cough that is!
  • alansd1980
    Thanks for the info, No more questions I promise!
    FCN 4