Need somewhere new to ride :(

neil_uk
neil_uk Posts: 289
edited August 2012 in Routes
The rain is getting me down and I need somewhere new to ride as my motivation is lagging!

Does anyone have any gps routes for the north of england they'd like to share? or point me to some online? I usually ride - whinlatter, north york moors, hamsterley, and dalby.

Preferably somewhere rocky and less cruddy? Maybe somewhere in the dales possibly?

I'm not particulartly fit, so 10-20 miles suits me fine :)

Cheers guys!

Neil

(posted in wrong forum before - my bad)

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Tried Gisburn forest?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • neil_uk
    Cheers mate I'll check that site out today.

Gisburn forest, never heard of it? Google time methinks, ta!
  • anglais66
    anglais66 Posts: 1
    Gisburn Forest is a great place to ride if your looking for a different trail centre to visit. I live near Gisburn Forest so i often go for short rides during the week after work or longer rides at weekends. There is a red trail split into two sections plus a blue trail. The red trail has a lower and upper trail - i prefer the lower trail leaving from Cocklet Hill car park and particularly like the "Home Baked" section of it. The upper red trail features the infamous "Hully Gully" burms which are fun and is also a good place to start if you want to try the "Hope" downhill section. If you prefer the rocky upper red area then parking at the Dog and Partridge pub at Tosside is probably easiest. http://www.xc-mtb.co.uk/gisburn-forest-mountain-bike-trails Gisburn Forest red run is only about 18km long so should suit you if your only looking for a moderate ride.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Check out stravatrailracing.co.uk of you use strava, different segment every month and as Dan (who runs it) is north east based the so are all the segments.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • neil_uk
    We're of to gisburn - the next 'dry' weekend we have!

Yeah, I use strava... I'll check that out - cheers mate!
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Have a look at www.pmba.org.uk/gisburn.htm for route guides, downloadable map, directions etc.

You of course considered Lee & Cragg Quarries in Rossendale as well? Can't get rocky than that. www.pmba.org.uk/leeandcragg.htm ;)
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result