Chain jumping

kernel_gadaffi
kernel_gadaffi Posts: 121
edited July 2012 in Workshop
The chain still keeps jumping off the inner ring on my Felt Z100, it's a triple chainring and have seen some "chain catcher/keepers" made by Dog Fang, Krex and others that work but apparently only with doubles, is anyone running one on a triple and if so, which one?

The tube on my bike is 31.8.
Cube Peloton Pro.
Genesis Core 30.

Comments

• Steve O'C
    Steve O'C Posts: 13
    I had the same problem with my wife's bike, a Specialized Sirrus triple. Tried a Deda Dog Fang but I could never adjust it correctly, then got an N Gear Jump Stop which seems to be a much better design and works fine.

I got mine from here http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=chng-js

Ordered it online and it was delivered the next day.
  • Twostage
    Twostage Posts: 987
    Can't you prevent it by adjusting the low limit screw ?
  • Can't you prevent it by adjusting the low limit screw ?

Nope, tried that, will keep fiddling with it and hopefully I'll get it sorted.
    Cube Peloton Pro.
    Genesis Core 30.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    My 105 triple came with a Dog Fang fitted. Never dropped the chain off the inside.
  • I've just bought a Dog fang from Infinity Cycles and will fit it later, fingers crossed.
    Cube Peloton Pro.
    Genesis Core 30.
  • Nope, wrong size!
    Cube Peloton Pro.
    Genesis Core 30.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    If the front mech is correctly adjusted there is no reason for it to fall off the inside.

Does it do it consistently or is it just the odd time when changing gear (perhaps under full load) ??
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • It does it consistently, but today however, it hasn't done it at all, I've (very slightly adjusted) the low limit screw and it seems to have done the trick, I tried it the other day and it seemed to have no effect, bikes I think are like women, never the same two days running!!!
    Cube Peloton Pro.
    Genesis Core 30.