Dear Commuters.....

Comments

• greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    So why, if that is right, has the removal of the "Girls in" threads killed off the more cerebral debate?

Although when those sorts of arguments kick off in CC they deteriorate into right thinking Tory voters vs nut job expropriation and redistribution of wealth spongers. It gets very tired very quickly.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Greg66 wrote:
    So why, if that is right, has the removal of the "Girls in" threads killed off the more cerebral debate?
    but as they never were how could it of killed off the cerebral debate?

the said thread(s) viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12544013
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    And where's DDD?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    That's a good question. Been very quiet from his Dness recently....
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Hey, don't blame us. It was all DDD and one girl who stopped contributing here the second it was agreed the "Girls in..." threads would be outlawed.

I'm sorry they arsed up your forum.

This pretty much sums up my opinion.

It was really all just caused by a bit of whiteknighting from DDD.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    notsoblue wrote:
    +1
    The problem was that the mods took him seriously when he was just caught up in a flash of post-childbirth chivalry
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,486
    nicklouse wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    but as they never were how could it of killed off the cerebral debate?

the said thread(s) viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12544013

I can't see what the fuss is about Old Cake Stop seems to have just been reborn as Bottom Bracket, so if that's what you like then there's something for you there. It does rather raise the question of what New Cake Stop is for, but I'm not sure that deserves that much investigation.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    From where I'm sitting, it looks like road want to have their cake and eat it*

*I'll get my coat.
  • rjsterry
    Just had a quick look in BB and... well, it's just Cakestop under another name: top of the board is another whinge thread about us 'communters' and someone who thinks it's their forum has just got rather hysterical over msmancunia's explanatory post. All this fuss over having to update your bookmarks.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I'd post in Cake Stop if it wasnt so boring.

Could the Cakestoppers please moderate their behaviour to be funnier, more engaging etc. in Cake Stop. If you did we might come and spend some time over there. Some norks wouldnt go amiss either.
  • dhope
    I'd post in Cake Stop if it wasnt so boring.

Could the Cakestoppers please moderate their behaviour to be funnier, more engaging etc. in Cake Stop. If you did we might come and spend some time over there. Some norks wouldnt go amiss either.
    Keep up CC, Greg and I posted this complaint about CS way back on page 1. Honestly, you're giving us communting cnuts a bad name.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • clarkey cat
    Ah - sozzleberries.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    dhope wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    +1
    The problem was that the mods took him seriously when he was just caught up in a flash of post-childbirth chivalry

To be fair it was going to happen sooner or later anyhow, girls in **** had moved from track stars posing by their bike. To almost naked with naff all to do with bikes.

I'd say they had a good run myself
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Ah - sozzleberries.

Better than dingleberries I suppose.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    We have two bastard children that no-one wants and everyone feels a bit sorry for.

Commuting General and what used to be called Cake Stop.

We should merge them into one mega thread of tedium. Critical mass of hybrid/did Lance do it threads should be achieved fairly quickly and we can all get on as before, BB is the new CS and CC is a hotbed of wife swapping, leftwing leper licking and big ring "gags".

As for the suggestion the we are all cnuts, Jaysus get with times hombre we've all known that for years.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    rjsterry wrote:
    Just had a quick look in BB and... well, it's just Cakestop under another name: top of the board is another whinge thread about us 'communters' and someone who thinks it's their forum has just got rather hysterical over msmancunia's explanatory post. All this fuss over having to update your bookmarks.

Not hysterical, just hated her glib post.

That is all, back to the dungeon...... :wink:

Ps, just had a trawl through the commuting section, is it really all about london ? Not trolling, genuinely curious. :)
  • clarkey cat
    some parts of North Surrey too.
  • dhope
    Ps, just had a trawl through the commuting section, is it really all about london ? Not trolling, genuinely curious. :)
    It's fairly London-centric but we do allow people from the little provinces surrounding it to post occasionally, MsMancunia for example is from Liverpool I think, or somewhere north of London anyway :wink:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    nvm
  • msmancunia
    msmancunia Posts: 1,415
    dhope wrote:
    It's fairly London-centric but we do allow people from the little provinces surrounding it to post occasionally, MsMancunia for example is from Liverpool I think, or somewhere north of London anyway :wink:

Oi. Insult me like that and I'll set my whippet on you. *drinks Vimto*
    Commute: Chadderton - Sportcity
  • Anonymous
    I commute, can I come in here, too ? (BB lurker) ?
  • dhope
    Of course mate, just hand your BB card in at the desk and we'll exchange it for a CC :mrgreen:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172

Sure. Basic rules are be nice, be funny, and be rude to Rick. Rule 3 trumps rules 1 and 2, obviously. :wink:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry wrote:

Not hysterical, just hated her glib post.

That is all, back to the dungeon...... :wink:

OK, well, let's put it behind us anyway. The London thing is not by design - there just are lots of people riding to work here.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Anonymous
    Greg66 wrote:

Sure. Basic rules are be nice, be funny, and be rude to Rick. Rule 3 trumps rules 1 and 2, obviously. :wink:

I can be a bit rude to Rick, but his vast intellect and general demeanour is a shining example of what we can all achieve if we try really hard. I like him. :)

Did you know he has a First ?

Anyway, I ride from Rainham in Kent to Purfleet in Essex 2 days out of 4, use a Litespeed with crud catchers to do this, 46 mile round trip. :D
  • rjsterry
    Greg66 wrote:

I can be a bit rude to Rick, but his vast intellect and general demeanour is a shining example of what we can all achieve if we try really hard. I like him. :)

Anyway, I ride from Rainham in Kent to Purfleet in Essex 2 days out of 4, use a Litespeed with crud catchers to do this, 46 mile round trip. :D

Well that's nearly London. See, you're blending in already. Just the right amount of ambiguity in that hagiography of Rick ;)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426

He also has red chinos.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252

He also has red chinos.
    Does Willhub know Rick has a first? I haven't got a degree, I'm still on my year off. But, I do have red strides.
  • Following an excellent performance with his BA he is now trying to learn the other 24 letters, and will try to get them in the right order next time....
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • Flyingbogey
    Flyingbogey Posts: 352
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Problem: an epidemic of "Girls in" threads which gave the forum a sleazy atmosphere and were far removed from spirit the original GIL thread

Solution: Make a new forum

Do you see what went wrong?
    We liked our sleazy atmosphere. No one complains about your helmet cam footage of loonies riding round hammering on car roofs and jumping red lights.

Don't you have a thread running over on BB about a motorcyclist pushing a cyclist who was caught on a Helmet Cam?. I along with a lot of others are awaiting the result of the court appearance. Seems these things are more widely used than you thought, not to mention useful!
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4