TV Adverts to Hate

Secteur
Secteur Posts: 1,971
edited July 2012 in The bottom bracket
Don't get me started with the ITV4 TdF "adverts" ("smashing it up and down by the river - loved it" ... Aaaaarghhh!)

What tv adverts really annoy you?

Currently for me it's the Subway advert with two athletes on, and the girl one says "what, you can't even handle the jalapeno's?" ...FFS we're British, not American, we just don't do jalapeno's over here.

Comments

• Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    We buy any car and that new one "I wanna buy your house"!! FWIW i think adverts of poor quality bad acting or terrible music etc shouldn't be allowed.
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    used to be Barry Scott from the cilit bang adverts but now any advert irritates me and I take it as a few minutes to see what is on the other channels.

Otherwise thank god for sky+ where fast forward comes into play.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    3 posts into the thread and amazingly nobody's mentioned G* C*mp*r* as yet....so I've effectively fixed that for you. ;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Haribo, the ones with the badly acted family situations. That said, they're designed that way. They're supposed to stick in your head.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    talking of badly acted. That new advert for Lebanon (i think).

A guy in the office being asked to do a job by his boss.

pure sh**e
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    I actually like the Go Compare ones!! (except for the one in the coffee shop when says "bet they only paid him a "tenor""
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    I always go for the mute button when the Go Compare adverts come on. I'm guessing that a lot of people do because the bastards even put subtitles on them now. I will never use their website though, just on the principle that the ad is so bad.

The others that wind me up are the ones on the theme "you won't possibly understand this because you are a man". HAH! No, I have a job fixing things for a living so I suppose I'll be able to work out that the a frigging air freshener is on a timer/motion sensor, bitch.

The older I get, the better I was.

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    (this is a failed edit)

The older I get, the better I was.

• t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    The gocompare cunit
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    used to be Barry Scott from the cilit bang adverts but now any advert irritates me and I take it as a few minutes to see what is on the other channels.

Adverts.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The Go Compare ad where Su Barker takes a missile launcher to the Gio Compario aired tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Of325AYqI
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • campagone
    campagone Posts: 270
    The noisy Sky advert
    Confused.com
    Money Supermarket
    LV (dom diddy dom aaaarrrrgggg :x ), Aviva insurance and Churchill - begining to see a pattern here.....most insurance adverts are really annoying, except the Meerkat ones!
    crap mums go to Iceland
    Lynx
    DFS

I could go on all day, most of them are crap and annoying and possibly worse are the program 'sponsors' , pointless!
  • campagone wrote:
    .....most insurance adverts are really annoying, especially the Meerkat ones!

I've corrected your spelling for you.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The Oreo advert with the evil little girl with the CGI mouth.
  • garryc
    garryc Posts: 203
    I pretty much hate all adverts.

If I have to watch comercial TV (like itv4 for the tour highlites) I record it all on the sky box and just skip them, all of them.

And don't get me started about how loud they are.
  • DavidBelcher
    jim453 wrote:

Adverts.

Except for Dave, in which case the answer is almost certainly "Top Gear".

David
  • DavidBelcher
    Secteur wrote:
    "smashing it up and down by the river - loved it" ... Aaaaarghhh!

Sounds like Richard Keys describing a romantic weekend away with the wife. ;)

David
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Every Halifax Advert made. Just brick-at-the-telly annoying, middle of the road cr@p.

If I was a customer of theirs then I'd walk in to my branch and close my account. Id explain to them why, with a powerpoint presentation, and I'd end said presentation with a dirty protest.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    mfin wrote:
    Every Halifax Advert made. Just brick-at-the-telly annoying, middle of the road cr@p.

If I was a customer of theirs then I'd walk in to my branch and close my account. Id explain to them why, with a powerpoint presentation, and I'd end said presentation with a dirty protest.

+1 the one where they are presenting a radio show is just plain annoying!

And the new Direct line one where the van driver thinks its his mate Steeeeeevvooo! Ringing him and winding him up really makes me angry!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Also the one for spanish beer when the bloke gets off the ferry and hooks up with 2 chickitas, rubbish. i don't know why it grinds my cack, it just does.
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    Any advert which has been filmed in some weird european country and then "dubbed" into English, with horrible time delays and voiceovers. Just awful. Spend a few more quid and get it properly shot for the UK. Lazy gits.

Not really an advert but I hate how just about EVERY show on ITV HAS to have a competition in it, just to rinse people of more money for prizes they wont win. The tour is just about the only thing I ever watch on ITV, and I watch it on Sky + so I can skip adverts and the bas*ard competitions.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Secteur wrote:
    Don't get me started with the ITV4 TdF "adverts" ("smashing it up and down by the river - loved it" ... Aaaaarghhh!)

Just everything about those ads makes you want to burn Halford's down. Who are they trying to appeal to people with the IQ of slugs. Apologies to slugs. :)
  • RideOnTime
    mfin wrote:

Agreed. That one with the woman spilling the tea is just soo sh1te.
  • RideOnTime
    y33stu wrote:
    Not really an advert but I hate how just about EVERY show on ITV HAS to have a competition in it, just to rinse people of more money for prizes they wont win. The tour is just about the only thing I ever watch on ITV, and I watch it on Sky + so I can skip adverts and the bas*ard competitions.

At least they put the competition on last so you can turn it off. Why have so many adverts - surely eventually people will give up trying to watch. You could condense the tdf highlights into 20 minutes...
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    mfin wrote:

I knew there was something good that the IRA were responsible for. :D Whatever happened to the dirty protest?

While i'm reminscing whatever hapened to the black maria? If any rioters saw them coming they soon cleared off at high speed. Also mentioned in The guns of brixton by The Clash 8)
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • mfin
    mattshrops wrote:

I knew there was something good that the IRA were responsible for. :D Whatever happened to the dirty protest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUzZD9NA90I

:)
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    Any Halifax ad. They tried (and failed) to reposess in 2008. Even my children howl abuse at when there is a Halifax ad on. A little Xtra help..my a+se!
  • bowden769
    bowden769 Posts: 143
    any 'just for men' ad

btw i am not old enough for hair dye lol!!!!
  • mfin
    mm1 wrote:
    Any Halifax ad.

I'm surprised nobody had mentioned those by now, good call!
  • mfin wrote:
    mm1 wrote:
    Any Halifax ad.

I'm surprised nobody had mentioned those by now, good call!

Didn't you mention them earlier?

I agree though, very annoying.