Nice little clip...

TMR
TMR Posts: 3,986
edited July 2012 in Pro race
I found this while on the ITV4 web site. Enjoy! ;)

http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/feature ... alo-84736/

Comments

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,638
    That's class, some of the stories in Ned Boulting's book are equally as funny
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Great story. Both Imlach and Boulting earn their corn for ITV 4.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I know it's been discussed many times, but i've always thought that a regular cycling magazine show on ITV4 would be good. They already own the rights to the ASO races and Ned and Matt could probably be tempted into the studio once a week for a couple of bottles of Leffe.

It could be Top Gear for bikes, just with a smaller budget and thankfully, no Clarkson.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,638
    If they can afford the budget for BTCC all day Sunday AND a highlights package, a magazine show is a definite possibility.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I know it's been discussed many times, but i've always thought that a regular cycling magazine show on ITV4 would be good. They already own the rights to the ASO races and Ned and Matt could probably be tempted into the studio once a week for a couple of bottles of Leffe.

It could be Top Gear for bikes, just with a smaller budget and thankfully, no Clarkson.

This is such a good idea. A few years ago it wouldn't have worked but now I think the popularity of cycling has passed the threshold required and there is a real thirst for that kind of thing. The beauty of it all is that it is a well rehearsed concept with two proven and knowledgeable presenters.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition