Sirrus Comp and FX 7.5, which one is lighter

fbech
fbech Posts: 10
edited June 2012 in Commuting general
Hello, I am deciding between a FX 7.5 and a Sirrus Comp for commuting. I dont have access to these bikes in a local shop, I cant give them a try. Once I decide , they have to order the bike for me. They are pretty similar, so I am just thinking about the weight to make a desition. Could anyone please tell me which one is lighter?

Best regards

Comments

• fbech
    Thanks, I been looking at this in google but I could not find any precise info, Only a shot that says the sirrus is 10.40 kg, nothing about the trek, I just wan to know if anyone has experience or has test this bikes to know which one could be lighter, I guess thay must be close but I would like to kno

cheers
  • Moodyman
    Moodyman Posts: 158
    I hope I don't across rude but...

...you're buying a bike for commuting not racing. Forget about the weight element. Once you add mudguards, lights, puncture resistant tyres, rack, panniers, the base weight of the bike won't matter.

Best off getting a bike that fits you well. I suggest you use the Evans/Wiggle 'try-before-you-buy' schemes.
  • fbech
    Thanks, but I am not adding any of that, just and U lock. I would like to know anyway which could be lighter, if anyone has try these bikes

best regards
  • I imagine the weight will be marginal.. Test ride both and buy the one that you like the feel of.. I wouldn't base my decision on which is lightest.
  • fbech
    Yes, I know, I cant try them, no shop in the area has these bikes in stock, if someome has experience with this bikes please let me know

cheers
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    The base Sirrus is a good bike - on the road it is better with narrower tyres though. I just found that I wanted drops ...
    I would think the Sirrus Comp is a decent enough ride - but never tried the other one so it's not really a comparison.
    Which one's cheapest?
  • fbech
    They are the same price, components are pretty similar too. By looking at them , I guess the sirrus is more sporty , mu main use is going to be commuting in the city.

http://www.specialized.com/au/gb/bikes/ ... sirruscomp

http://www.trekbikes.com/es/es/bikes/ro ... x/7_5_fx/#

I thought about willier bassano too, is bit more expensive though . What about italian bikes?, they seem to be more expensive and dont give too much info about components, alu specs etc. in the website, are trek or specialized a more valuable buy?