The Cool Wall

nevman
nevman Posts: 1,611
edited July 2012 in The bottom bracket
Cool or Uncool

AwlPlrCCMAAHg46.jpg

Cool.
Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
Winter Alan Top Cross
All rounder Spec. Allez.

Comments

• bartman100
    bartman100 Posts: 544
    not cool. He needs to ditch the mod obsession and get on with being a great cyclist.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Cool.
    Obsession? It's him, he's probably got a bloody life out of cycling.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    But wasn't the mods about shitty scooters and pills? Or was Quadrophenial all lies?
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Maybe not him but the image is cool-anyone who can carry off black socks in the peloton and dish it out deserves respect.I like the art work-anyone want to step forward to claim authorship?I`m guessing its similar to the overpriced and soon to be remaindered Sky mugs (want them BTW).
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    no.
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • brianonyx
    brianonyx Posts: 170
    he comes across as a bit of an arse. Well a lot of an arse. When the French TV guy was talking to him in French yesterday at the team presentation and he said something like "no point speaking to you as you don't speak English" he was rude and a typical chav Brit abroad. It wouldn't have hurt to have learnt a simple French sentence along the lines of "sorry can't speak french but it's going to be a great tdf".

You can imagine the Sky PR team just hitting their heads against a wall when this was going on.

The reaction of Cav to this was a joy to behold.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    As much as I would like to see him win - Uncool.

Do it where it counts - On the road.
    A win with a bit of panache - Ice cool.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    brianonyx wrote:
    he comes across as a bit of an ars*. Well a lot of an ars*. When the French TV guy was talking to him in French yesterday at the team presentation and he said something like "no point speaking to you as you don't speak English" he was rude and a typical chav Brit abroad. It wouldn't have hurt to have learnt a simple French sentence along the lines of "sorry can't speak french but it's going to be a great tdf".

You can imagine the Sky PR team just hitting their heads against a wall when this was going on.

The reaction of Cav to this was a joy to behold.

He can speak fluent French, check the team presentation out.
  • brianonyx
    brianonyx Posts: 170
    Even more of an arse then.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Such a rockstar
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,452
    brianonyx wrote:
    Even more of an ars* then.

The French journos generally like him and often 'get' his sense of humour. I suspect that was part of an ongoing saga. However, he did make some comment recently about not doing anymore interviews in French.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Cool bloke, Mr Wiggins.

Not a cool image, sorry. His eyes are dead, no life in that image.

Sorry, just my opinion.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    brianonyx wrote:
    he comes across as a bit of an ars*. Well a lot of an ars*. When the French TV guy was talking to him in French yesterday at the team presentation and he said something like "no point speaking to you as you don't speak English" he was rude and a typical chav Brit abroad. It wouldn't have hurt to have learnt a simple French sentence along the lines of "sorry can't speak french but it's going to be a great tdf".

Nothing wrong with Wiggy's French or his sense of humour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxWPdnjk3I8
  • d.mart
    d.mart Posts: 88
    Very funny, reminded me a bit of Eddie Izzard with the delivery in French...obviously not the look though :D