Wilier Izoard XP "Petacchi" (update with Fulcrum 5)

harrydaisy
harrydaisy Posts: 131
edited June 2012 in Your road bikes
Bought in 2011 - Campag Veloce 11-25 groupset

Upgraded the saddle to a fizik arione, wcs pro stem and bar and richey carbon pro seatpost - just about to upgrade wheels to Fulcrum 5's with vittorio rubino Pro 3 tyres.

My first carbon road bike and I love everything about it. Looks amazing, I get plenty of comments, is a great ride, comfortable, fast, not bad on climbs. I hope the wheels will make a difference , however the miche race have been fine winter wheels! Somehow it feels classier than the industry stalwarts that everyone seems to be on...perhaps thats just me!!

7326252098_a5fa6f30bc.jpg
7326252220_84ed65a566.jpg
7326252208_4f68b27264.jpg
7326252232_564aeb3807.jpg
Wilier Izoard XP "Petacchi"/ Campag Veloce/ Fulcrum Racing 5
Bianchi Via Nirone 7/ Campag Xenon

Comments

• Dag T
    Dag T Posts: 22
    harrydaisy wrote:

Stunning photo! Nice bike :D
  • indjke
    indjke Posts: 85
    Looks great!
    And I think that matching black-green wheels are playing important role in overall impressive look. Don't change them :mrgreen:
    Boardman Team C / 105 / Fulcrum Racing 3
  • Drool 8)
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Lovely bike... I've always liked Wiliers and the "Team Leader" fluro is cool too.

My only slight gripe would be the amount of spacers. But I'm prepared to overlook that as you've put Campag on it.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • harrydaisy
    indjke wrote:
    Looks great!
    And I think that matching black-green wheels are playing important role in overall impressive look. Don't change them :mrgreen:

Thanks and I agree the wheels make all the difference, but they are quite heavy so budget permitting the fulcrums offer the next step up and being red and black should still complement.
  • harrydaisy
    Dag T wrote:
    harrydaisy wrote:

Stunning photo! Nice bike :D

Cheers. 6am at the top of brasted chart/ toys hill in Kent.
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    I really like these in the fluoro scheme - great looking bike 8)
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Nice. Good bikes aren't they.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • harrydaisy
    Nice. Good bikes aren't they.

thanks for all the positive comments :D
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Very nice...Coolio in fact...
  • harrydaisy
    New Fulcrum 5 racing wheels arrived yesterday from Epic Cycles (great price and service). Took em out for 25 early this morning and they feel great, lighter and much more nimble than the Miche. Although the fluro miche wheels really looked great and complemented the frame I don't think that the Fulcrums spoil the overall look....

7169059793_3c63b30aab.jpg
    7169061171_3e9c74b778.jpg
    7169058399_9194eeb2f1.jpg
  • indjke
    indjke Posts: 85
    harrydaisy wrote:
    I don't think that the Fulcrums spoil the overall look....
    definitely they don't... with Fulcrum's bike looks not worse, at least :shock:
    Boardman Team C / 105 / Fulcrum Racing 3
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I liked the way the original wheels matched the colour scheme, but the new wheels also look good. The most important thing really is how it rides and if the new wheels improve this then that can only be a good thing.

Very smart looking bike :)
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Looks like it has an MTB style mudguard in the second picture :lol:

You do need to take off the orange safety notice sticker from the wheels. They look bad on any colour scheme!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • harrydaisy
    Rolf F wrote:
    Looks like it has an MTB style mudguard in the second picture :lol:

You do need to take off the orange safety notice sticker from the wheels. They look bad on any colour scheme!

So it does :lol:

In my excitement to get out on it I didn't even see the orange stickers, so thank for pointing that out... :wink:
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Looks great, I would be tempted to get rid of the decals completely on the fulcrums. Then I'd consider getting some flouro ones off ebay, if only I knew of a good decal maker...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • harrydaisy
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Looks great, I would be tempted to get rid of the decals completely on the fulcrums. Then I'd consider getting some flouro ones off ebay, if only I knew of a good decal maker...

Great idea, if you know or come across anyone who makes one off deacals let me know.
  • nicknick
    nicknick Posts: 535
    I have just got some replacement HED decals from this guy, they are brilliant quality and great service, no fulcrums listed but does list Zipp decals etc-worth asking what he can do!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320913700174? ... 759wt_1185
  • Great bikes, still love the XP :)
  • harrydaisy
    nicknick wrote:
    I have just got some replacement HED decals from this guy, they are brilliant quality and great service, no fulcrums listed but does list Zipp decals etc-worth asking what he can do!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320913700174? ... 759wt_1185

Lovely will check this out thanks
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Very nice...Coolio in fact...
    yep still cool
  • KentPuncheur
    KentPuncheur Posts: 246
    How do you rate your Fulcrum 5s? I bought a pair when I got my first bike (about a year ago) and don't have anything to benchmark their performance against. Its an area of my bike I'm looking to upgrade, if its necessary...
    2011 Trek Madone 3.1c
    2012 Ribble 7005 Winter Trainer

Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    KP I did have some Racing &'s, but went straight to Racing 1's and they are brilliant - even on the roads in Kent! I do prefer Campg Shamal Ultras, but thats because of the hubs..... go for 1's, you will only end up wishing you did.
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • harrydaisy
    How do you rate your Fulcrum 5s? I bought a pair when I got my first bike (about a year ago) and don't have anything to benchmark their performance against. Its an area of my bike I'm looking to upgrade, if its necessary...

They are a big improvement on the Miche race that came as standard on the bike, but I have also upgraded the tyres,mi was running blizzard sport through the winter/spring months.

I can honestly say that I have noticed be difference, but if I am honest if budget had allowed I would have gone for 3 or 1's
  • KentPuncheur
    KentPuncheur Posts: 246
    ILM Zero7 wrote:
    KP I did have some Racing &'s, but went straight to Racing 1's and they are brilliant - even on the roads in Kent! I do prefer Campg Shamal Ultras, but thats because of the hubs..... go for 1's, you will only end up wishing you did.

Thanks for the recommendation. If this year at work goes to plan I should have some cash to play with early next year so I may be able to go for some zeros, failing that, I'll budget for 1s! Where are/were you in Kent? Our roads here seem to be awful compared to lanes I've ridden in Essex and Surry on sportives! May be the flint/chalk etc, but even so...
    2011 Trek Madone 3.1c
    2012 Ribble 7005 Winter Trainer

Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    around marden and Tonbridge
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2