Best cycle insurance products?

rodgers73
rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
edited June 2012 in Road general
I'm looking for a good all-round cycling insurance policy. I'd be happy joining BC or CTC to get it but if there are some other stand-alone policies out there that are better I'd be interested to know.

I'm looking for cover against 3rd parties in general but also against other riders I may have an accident with. I don't race but I do a lot of sportive/audaxes so there's a possibility of crashing into another rider.

Any ideas?

Comments

• BillyMansell
    BillyMansell Posts: 817
    I don't know if this will work for everyone but someone has mentioned on hotukdeals that if you use the code NEWCMRA you can get BC Ride annual cover for £10.50, pay by direct debit and that goes down to £9.45.
  • rodgers73
    I'm more bothered about getting the best cover, rather than a cheap price. Thanks anyway!
  • rodgers73
    No one...?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    You talk about better policies.

What does 'better' mean?

BC membership is fine, assuming you want your liabilities covered in case of a collision.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rodgers73
    I'm thinking about which gives the most comprehensive cover. There was an article in a bike mag recently that warned that some policies dont cover rider-on-rider collisions.

I'd rather buy one that covers all risks rather than just some of them.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/member ... p-packages

BC silver and gold cover that by the looks of it.
    For the protection of members and all those involved in the management of registered and insured cycling events, British Cycling provides through its public liability insurance policy, an indemnity, limited to £10,000,000 for legal liabilities arising from claims made against an event organiser, official or participant that involves either bodily injury or property damage to a third party.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."