Llanelli - where to ride?

davenewcastle1973
davenewcastle1973 Posts: 146
edited June 2012 in Routes
Hi,

I have to be in Llanelli next week for work and am tempted to take the Yeti along with me - I wont have much spare time, probably a couple of hours one night and a couple of hours early one morning so I am hoping there is somewhere near by that would be worth the effort - that time includes travelling so Afan is a bit far...

Does anyone know of decent trails near Llanelli that would be worth a shot?
Ragley mmmBop
Yeti 575

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    brechfa is only about 40 mins away and you can blast around the red in 1hr 45 ish- that's what i do it in but i'm not that fit :lol:

definately worth a trip, i'm not sure about stuff really close by. you have cline hill in swansea but that's still probably about a 25/30 min drive and it's not waymarked.

sorry for not being much help :lol:
  • Thanks Kev

I'm thinking of changing my hotel booking and staying in the Afan Lodge - have you been there? Given the fact that I'm not that fit either would you reckon a couple of hours riding would get round any of the routes there?
    Ragley mmmBop
    Yeti 575
  • welshkev
    Thanks Kev

I'm thinking of changing my hotel booking and staying in the Afan Lodge - have you been there? Given the fact that I'm not that fit either would you reckon a couple of hours riding would get round any of the routes there?

i've not stayed there as my bro in law lives about 10 mins up the road but i've heard really good things about it.

i can do whites level in about an hour and a half or the wall in about 2hrs

personally i prefer the wall but most people prefer whites level. have you been before? if you have sorry about the next bit:

there's 2 trail centres about 3 miles apart, the wall starts at afan, whites level starts at glyncorrwg. afan lodge is in between the 2 :D

http://mbwales.com/en/content/cms/centr ... _park.aspx
  • No - havent been before, so the more info the better!

I think I'll give this a go!

Cheers
    Ragley mmmBop
    Yeti 575
  • welshkev
    no worries...enjoy :D