What stages of the TDF should I not miss?

thefd
thefd Posts: 1,021
edited June 2012 in Road general
I am heading off on holiday this weekend for 2 weeks (bad timing I know) but I will be series linking the whole of TDF. What stages should I definitely watch? Anyone got any suggestions in advance, or should I just see what happens and choose them as they come. Ie - watch them in fast forward!!!
2017 - Caadx
2016 - Cervelo R3
2013 - R872
2010 - Spesh Tarmac

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    The 2nd & 3rd weeks
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Depends what interests you, but i always enjoy the TTs. Get there three hours before (to check out the kit!) and then there's three hours plus for the event so you can make a day of it. Got to go to the mountains obviously but be prepared for traffic jams.
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    inseine wrote:
    Depends what interests you, but i always enjoy the TTs. Get there three hours before (to check out the kit!) and then there's three hours plus for the event so you can make a day of it. Got to go to the mountains obviously but be prepared for traffic jams.
    I wish I was going there...but maybe I didn't make it clear - I'm off on holiday elsewhere and will record on the tv the tour. I wondered what I should watch when I get back and what I shouldn't bother too much about.
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • Stage 11, stage 16, stage 19 will hopefully be decisive. Any of the first week if you want to try to see a Cav sprint win and of course the final stage.
  • dodgerdog
    dodgerdog Posts: 292
    #4 Finish in Rouen for the lead out train and sprint. (or #2)
    #9 Indiv TT
    #11 Col de Madeleine
    #16 for the classic nature of this monster pyrennean stage
    #19 ITT and likely to be the stage which confirms the winner (Wiggo?)
    Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
    Ribble Gran Fondo