Tour Presentation

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited June 2012 in Pro race
So the official kick off of the Tour is live on ES2 today from 5.30pm and then switching to ES at 6.15pm. Will it top last year's AC boo fest in that mock Roman arena?

Comments

• sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Thor+Hushovd+Le+Tour+de+France+2011+Previews+N3hClusoENNl.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    x2_d273eee
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Oh it's the dulcet tones of Alan partridge aka Carlton "and why not" Kirby and Brian "Tour Deeeee France" Smith.
  • Gazzetta67
    How is that new Saxobank/Tinkoff outfit allowed - it clashes with the yellow jersey.......God they have ruined the Greenedge strip as well.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Not liking Boasson Hagen's national champs jersey.
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Good God, could the band be any worse?!?!
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    supraised they didnt use the sme design then when kurt arvesen had the norway jersey. that looked quality
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    The band were the stick out thing for me too. It's like stepping into a time machine.
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    pat1cp wrote:
    The band were the stick out thing for me too. It's like stepping into a time machine.
    A bad time machine at that? :D
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    rebs wrote:
    supraised they didnt use the sme design then when kurt arvesen had the norway jersey. that looked quality

Yeah that was a nice one. Guess they want a uniform look/recognisable brand thing, but it doesn't really work with the Norway flag.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    "Low key"? I'd say so.
    Such a small crowd. Word must have got around Liege about the band.........
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,546
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    pat1cp wrote:
    A bad time machine at that? :D

If you are at the Edinburgh Fringe this August this is the musical time machine you require.

http://www.hotdubtimemachine.com/

artworks-000002508879-xdhbrg-crop.jpg?c765bfd
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,123
    Must admit, I thought it was cringeworthy.....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Gazzetta67
    AndyRAC wrote:

+1 It ranks as one of the worst ever presentations... The band were like something out of Belgium's answer to Phoenix Nights and Stevie Wonder music ?? bizarre and in a Shytey city of Liege it just got bad to really awful...yet it seems to feature on the tour regularly.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    AndyRAC wrote:

I can't ever remember one that wasn't.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    afx237vi wrote:
    AndyRAC wrote:

I can't ever remember one that wasn't.

But it wasn't an entertaining cringeworthy. When they had it in the Netherlands they had the bloke who asked all the stupid questions and last year they had the chariots and other nonsense. This year was just cringeworthy due to it's low rent tedium.
    Twitter: @RichN95