"Asda Magic"

willhub
willhub Posts: 821
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
Wonder what they have in store for me? Rivers of chocolate? Rainbows? Lots of sweets? Lessons in casting spells?

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    You having a sugar rush from the Mars bars? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • fish156
    fish156 Posts: 496
    Shelf-Stacking on minimum wage?
  • willhub
    edited June 2012
    I've got no damn choice.

I went to a job fair organised by the job center today, about 20 people crowded round a TGI Fridays stand whilst they tell you about the fantastic dish washing jobs that keep TGI Fridays shining above the rest.

I was overqualified for the apprenticeships at Manchester City Council because I had a degree and a national diploma I got years ago.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Genuinely mate, really pleased for you. No matter how sh!t the job, you've got one...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • willhub
    I'm a bit like confused about the "asda magic" assessment, I've heard all sorts of horrifying stories about it from people being made to write and sing a song, make ice cream and tie knots in straws. They're looking for good communicators and people that don't take stuff too seriously by the sounds of it.

I'm a nervous wreck sometimes.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    So you got a job, or youre applying for one?

If you've got one, no matter what it is, well done! Just do what you need and pull in some cash. Remember to stick some in a savings account for next time you're unemployed and enjoy being able to afford new brake pads etc. for your bike.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    I know an "Asda Magic" turn/sketch if you want to use that.

I'm serious.

Let me know and I'll PM you the details.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    nweststeyn wrote:
    So you got a job, or you're applying for one?
    Will was asking about interesting outside jobs the other day, perhaps he is looking to be a trolley collector :D

No seriously Will, getting any job is great, it helps buy cycling stuff and makes it easier to get a better job. If you have found employment, well done, if not, keep trying!
  • willhub
    I've not got a job yet, and no guarantees I'll get the Asda job.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    willhub wrote:
    I've not got a job yet, and no guarantees I'll get the Asda job.

I was thinking that asda magic bit was something you had to do in the interview.

The older I get, the better I was.