sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited June 2012 in MTB general
have i been over price for this

bb shimano octolink( fitted)
wheel true rear (dt swiss445)
bb socket (no brand)
and wrench (no brand)

£81.00
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    £10-15 for the tools, usually around £20 for a wheel true, any broken spokes? Depends how bad it was. And I doubt an octalink bb is £40? But it would be around a tenner to fit it I guess.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    little bit pricey, depends where you go. Not far off though.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    I normally pay £10 for a wheel true at LBS and about £20 for an Octalink BB from CRC, but I'm sure you can get more expensive ones.
    £10 to fit the BB sounds about right, but if you bought the tools you could've done it yourself :roll: :mrgreen:
  • sigorman85
    no broken spokes wheel is little out of shape spokes bit lose thats all
    i think they said the bb was 36.99 free fitting if brought through them
    wheel true is 8.99
    and tools 20.99

thats 66.97 think ive been over priced now i have the tools i will do it my self but the wheel true il leave to them
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Bit late to query prices after the fact, but £37 for a BB is a bit steep, depends which model though.
    Although I haven't bought anything from a shop for years, and I've never had anything fixed by a shop, ever as far as I can remember.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sorry that's a lie, I did send my son's DHX5 Air shock serviced earlier this year.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • andymc06
    andymc06 Posts: 245
    cooldad wrote:
    Bit late to query prices after the fact, but £37 for a model is a bit steep,
    Although I haven't bought a women for years, I've never had anything fixed by a doc, ever as far as I can remember.

:lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, spend some more money on kit!

Giant Trance X3 2011
  • sigorman85
    true my fault i guess

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    most lbs charge £20 p/h for labour so include that in the price as well
  • FunBus
    FunBus Posts: 394
    £8.99's good for a wheel true if you can't do it yourself and, so long as they do a good job.

But in answer to your question; you say they quoted you £66.97 including parts and labour (free fitting on BB and £8.99 for wheel true). So, if you paid £81 i'd say you paid £14.03 too much - surely that would have twigged when you were asked for more than quoted??
  • sigorman85
    was a friday evning after work i was in mong mode lol got my money back now tho