US Brass or Kickers...

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I'm obviously too old for these threads :oops:

Which years out of curiosity?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I had a pair of pink kickers when I was 22. :oops:
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    daviesee wrote:

Talking 1994 - 1998 here. I was 8 - 12 years old. If you had Kickers you were either Rich or Cool, if you had US brass you were a peasant. Mum provided me with US Brass once. Was not a great day at School, from that moment on I was a Kickers only kid. Still a peasant but needs must.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    all stars, it was a sad day when they got fashionable and the price shot up
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • DesB3rd
    DesB3rd Posts: 285
    Was Reebok ERS (~1992), DMs (~1994) and finally Cats (~1996, my mother said she'd front £30, I had to do the rest) - never did the Kicker's thing but the principal was the same; you could choose to remove yourself from the rat-race with a featureless pair of Clark's ("don't care, not trying") but very few did.

Look-alikes on the other hand instantly reveal that you covet the real thing and that's game over. While you're father might be a Viscount Benn type, filthy rich but anti-consumerism and not buying you an pair of expensive shoes on principal, if you wear a pair of fake ERS or Cat-alike work boots and then your family are dirty pikies. There is no come-back or argument, the other kids don't actually think your parents are poor but they're all about focusing on this one point if it gives them an opportunity to collectively pick on someone.

N.B. Kickers must have been bloody well built; until maybe two years ago it was commonplace to see miscellaneous office losers (begrudgingly paying lip-service to the office dresscode) clumping about in what were clearly their secondary school Kickers. It must have been a bitter day for such people when they had to grow up & admit these cherished relics of high school fashion victories past were fit only for the bin.

And just, just too early to be fashionable again.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    daviesee wrote:

Talking 1994 - 1998 here. I was 8 - 12 years old. If you had Kickers you were either Rich or Cool, if you had US brass you were a peasant. Mum provided me with US Brass once. Was not a great day at School, from that moment on I was a Kickers only kid. Still a peasant but needs must.
    1994-1996 - Timberland shoes. But I was a grown up and could afford them. :wink:
    Funny, Kickers were in fashion around 1976. My parents couldn't afford them. I had Puma trainers which did for sports and casual.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • shedhead
    shedhead Posts: 367
    I had some blue kickers (the boots) in about 1984. I also had a pair of Adidas Nizza baseball boots, the white ones with the blue stripes, anyone else have them ?
    'Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts'.
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    I last wore Kickers in 1976, brown boots. They were very comfortable. At the time I also wore clogs. As you can see punk wasn't for me.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    kickers, then Rockport :(
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Got Two, thats Two, pairs of kickers in me shoe cupboard at the mo! Granted theay are bout 10 years old but there you are..
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    mudcow007 wrote:
    kickers, then Rockport :(

Rockports, the very essence of chav. :lol:
  • billysmeg
    billysmeg Posts: 25
    Have a pair of blue Kicker boots,and a pair made of denim(12 yrs never worn)
    never heard of us brass.