TMR
TMR Posts: 3,986
edited June 2012 in Pro race
jerseys.jpg

Hmmm...me no like.

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    The red Sharp bit is very reminiscent of Manchester United. Maybe they took that quip by Wiggins a few years ago a bit too much to heart.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    edited June 2012
    Not sure what else they could have done really....Garmin is blue/black and Sharp is Red, it was never going to work!

In a similar vein, whoever has to design Tim Duggan's Liquigas green/white vs Red/Blue US champs jersey is going to have a hell of a time!!

However, there might be some cheap Castelli shorts available soon if you can handle the old kit. It's ok to wear it now as it's "classic" so jersey w*nkers won't complain (should that bother you, which it shouldn't)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    It's OK, think I like it as much as the previous one. I have just bought the Barracuda jersey for my forthcoming 2012 TdF Extravaganza (to match my bike, gotta look the part, right?), but what do I do now? Return the one I have to Wiggle (haven't worn it yet) and try and pick up one of the new ones whilst I'm over at the Tour? *Sigh* More decisions!
  • TMR
    It's the Argyle I hate. Really wish they'd lose it. If they got rid of the blue as well and went with a black or white background that would be an epic jersey, reminiscent of the 2009 - 2010 designs.
  • greasedscotsman
    It's the Argyle I hate. Really wish they'd lose it. If they got rid of the blue as well and went with a black or white background that would be an epic jersey, reminiscent of the 2009 - 2010 designs.

That won't happen though, Vaughters likes it!

(So do I, almost bought the socks to match...)
  • TMR

To be fair, Vaughters dresses like Rupert the Bear, so I'm not sure he's best placed to judge ;)
  • greasedscotsman

To be fair, Vaughters dresses like Rupert the Bear, so I'm not sure he's best placed to judge ;)

So you didn't like VdV's pants then?

5f81d7da902259a496e0d51a4a965db4.jpg
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    I like the Argyle, would maybe prefer it to be a bigger feature, it's distinctive. IMO a good pro jersey should be easy to spot, not look like a leaders jersey, and finally, possibly, be attractive enough to want to own.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I also like the Argyle. I liked the old white / blue / orange Garmin kit, they could have replicated that with red in place of orange. As it is, they've come up with something which - dare I say it, and whisper it quietly - looks a bit like USPS...
  • TMR
    Jez mon wrote:
    I like the Argyle, would maybe prefer it to be a bigger feature, it's distinctive. IMO a good pro jersey should be easy to spot, not look like a leaders jersey, and finally, possibly, be attractive enough to want to own.

These are the best Cervelo jerseys IMHO - I love them both:

cervelo-white.gif

Cervelo.jpg
  • ddraver
    Well, yeah, but they werent Garmin then...

The Garmin Cervelo jersey was my fave...
    garmin-cervelo-team-jersey.jpg
    - @ddraver
  • TMR
    ddraver wrote:

I know, but the teams went on to merge so it would have been nice to have seen them keep more of the Cervelo approach to jersey design.
  • ddraver
    Meh, that ain't JV though is it... ;)
    - @ddraver
  • greasedscotsman
    edited June 2012
    ddraver wrote:

I know, but the teams went on to merge so it would have been nice to have seen them keep more of the Cervelo approach to jersey design.

They have though, haven't they? The big "é" logos on the shoulders and back are still there.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Interesting. The Red doesnt tie in (red is not a good colour generally) and so the kit looks less stylish. It looks like they merged the kit with the cervelo kit.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    They have though, haven't they? The big "é" logos on the shoulders and back are still there.

Sorry, I meant the colour scheme not logos.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    ddraver wrote:
    However, there might be some cheap Castelli shorts available soon if you can handle the old kit. It's ok to wear it now as it's "classic" so jersey w*nkers won't complain (should that bother you, which it shouldn't)

:lol:

My thoughts as well. I await Probikekit to reduce it.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    I'm on the fence, the old Cervelo Test Team and Garmin Cervelo kits were awesome, the new Garmin one grew on me and I now love it, so I will give this red dash time. It's not horrid and it's distinctive in the peleton.
    Be interesting to see next years kit when the Sharp aspect can be fully consider in a design from scratch.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Reminds me of a de Nardi kit from 04. Unispiring but not offensive.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • sonny73
    Full view:
    garmin_kit_web_1_600.jpg
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Not bad. I like the blue.

I also like the blue of the Saxo Bank kit, probably more than the riders like riding for the team
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • sonny73
    541914_449093248442926_825831210_n.jpg
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    That is a nice kit.

My club kit (Ellan Vannin) is predominantly blue and white. Perhaps we are witnessing a move to blue from green in the Peleton?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ddraver
    Arggghhh ewwww, that blue is horrible, why did they not just stick with their current nice sky blue!
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    ddraver wrote:
    Arggghhh ewwww, that blue is horrible, why did they not just stick with their current nice sky blue!
    I think the colour balance on that photo might be a bit off. There's a photo of Farrar wearing it on twitter that's a lot less garish looking.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    hmm, i did wonder if someone had accidently nudged the saturation slider in PS....[/photo nerd]
    - @ddraver
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    ddraver wrote:
    In a similar vein, whoever has to design Tim Duggan's Liquigas green/white vs Red/Blue US champs jersey is going to have a hell of a time!!

Dave, you mean a bit like this

556778_346732078728963_997474299_n.jpg

how was the rough place the other night wearing your orange? :)
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    LOL
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TMR
    Ryder's custom Cervelo looks amazing :)
  • ddraver
    brettjmcc wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Dave, you mean a bit like this

556778_346732078728963_997474299_n.jpg

how was the rough place the other night wearing your orange? :)

Oh that is rank!!! Hee hee, poor bloke! I'm sure the pride of wearing it will outdo how bad it looks!

Yeah, I got out, It appears that it is not cool to wear orange in Holland unless the football is on...? Seriously got more funny looks in an hour than a few of us dressed up doing a "monopoly pub crawl" did all day! The Burgerz (sic) I was waiting for was flipping awesome though so I didnt mind. Shame the Germans could nt have won but then fair play to Italy, they were brilliant!
    - @ddraver