My Storck Scenero

Zoomer37
Zoomer37 Posts: 725
edited June 2012 in Your road bikes
My Scenero finally done. Probably not everyones cup of tea, but it's a lovely bike to ride.

[imgsteedw.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]

Size 55cm
Dura Ace 7900 groupset
Look Keo Max pedals
Cosmic SLR's with GP 4000's
Syntace racelite bars
120mm 3T pro stem
Prologo Choice seat
Storck Stiletto aero forks

[/img]

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Lovely.

If I was a richer man I'd have a Storck.
    More problems but still living....
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Really nice mate. Enjoy!

Two issues though-
    1- it could do with being 2 sizes bigger as it's too small for me.
    2- it's not mine
  • aReN
    aReN Posts: 39
    amaferanga wrote:
    Lovely.

If I was a richer man I'd have a Storck.

Same here. That is a great bike.
  • lioneld
    lioneld Posts: 69
    Envy central :(

Great bike, looks fantastic mate
    All Italian
  • Poulsy
    Poulsy Posts: 155
    Very nice looking machine but if it was mine, I would get the tops and tails to match :wink:
  • wilkij1975
    wilkij1975 Posts: 531
    Very much my cup of tea. Lovely bike that.
  • Runoutofgears
    Runoutofgears Posts: 348
    Looks the business
    Hope to see it around
    I ache, therefore I am.
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    That is a bit nice!
  • Zoomer37
    Thanks!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Very nice zoomer, ride review would be great. What's it like to ride? And what are you comparing it to? thanks ..
  • Storck11
    Storck11 Posts: 6
    Its a great looking bike.
    I love the impact the wheels have.
    I have one also , I will try to load a photo ( I am new to this forum , still finding my way around )
    At the moment I have Open Pro rims on Hope Pro 111 hubs with Sapim CX Ray spokes.
    Looking at yours i think I need to upgrade.
    I wonder if red Racing Zero's would look great or clash with the blue highlights ?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Red Zeros would look bobbins. Black ones would look tops though.
    I'm a big fan of good quality 'classic' looking wheels, get your pic posted!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Storck11
    would do if i knew how - can you give me some tips !
    thanks
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Have a look at the top threads in the 'your road bikes' section, one of them is a guide...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Zoomer37
    Jesus.. This threads a blast from the past.

She looks like this now

storck2.jpg
  • wow, why the change?
    It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.

--Ernest Hemingway
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Personally preferred the original look as it lacks identity and looks a little like a home build on a stock Chinese carbon frame. But then again it's not mine and if it's your cup of tea that's what matters :D
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • JohnnyV111
    JohnnyV111 Posts: 50
    I prefer the new one - very aggressive. There may be many stealth bikes out there but this stands out - debadging a Storck is a hardcore statement! Flattering 7900 cranks, too.
  • Zoomer37
    The plan was to get some custom decals made up for it, but its just used for racing now and cant really be arssed to finish it.

It does look a bit like those chinese ones in this pic, but its nice in the flesh and plus I have my other Storck for posing 8)
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Nice, couldn't you get the yellow/ red stickers off the Mavics :?:
  • Firstly awesome looking bike...Just wondering now that you have had it a while, what are your thoughts??....i havent been able to see a Scenero or speak to anyone that has owned one for any length of time...Still a great bike after a year of riding ??

Lorenzo...
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    The DA crank looks a bit like your avatar at a glance, the shadows etc.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • I personally prefer the bike as it was previously, Storcks look sweet with their original decals etc.. As previously stated it just looks like a generic Chinese frame built up to me and I really don't get all these stealth bikes that are about, they just look a bit boring to me, but then if we all liked the same we'd be riding the identical bikes which would be even more boring. I'd be tempted to get those custom decals and i'm sure Ezy Rider can you tell you of a superb UK graphics and decal maker!
  • lioneld
    lioneld Posts: 69
    Zoomer, where did you get the frame stripped? Ive been hankering over doing this to mine for ages and not found anyone willing/able to take it on.

Frame looks ace by the way
    All Italian
  • Storck11
    Firstly awesome looking bike...Just wondering now that you have had it a while, what are your thoughts??....i havent been able to see a Scenero or speak to anyone that has owned one for any length of time...Still a great bike after a year of riding ??

Lorenzo...
    I have had mine for about a year now and still love it. brought the frame only and swopped the rest of the gear from an existing bike. I do alot of sportives on it , its comfortable 7 hours in the saddle , fast up the hills . It struggles a little from side winds - this is down to the tubing for sure , but nothing dangerous.
    I have only ever seen one other , so it gets alot of comments during ride outs and all of them have been positive
  • Storck11
    Cant post my images from imageshack - help please !!!