Sportive Signage in the Lakes - Be aware

Sportive organisers may wish to be aware of a tough stance posed by the Lake District National Park. To me it sounds rather heavy handed especially where event organisers remove their signange after the date concerned.

The text below is paraphrased from an article published by outdoors website, Grough:

National park bosses are warning outdoor event organisers not to post illegal advertising signs to publicise their events. The Lake District National Park Authority said its compliance staff recently had to take down some materials in the area. Planners are particularly concerned about signs on road verges in the national park some of which also advertise retailers and sports events, which they say both look out of place with the rest of the Lake District landscape, and also can be distracting to drivers, resulting in potential road dangers.

Comments

• essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    To me it sounds rather heavy handed especially where event organisers remove their signange after the date concerned.
    Was some detail missing from your quote :?:
    Hardly sounds a tough stance when all their doing is removing any signs :!:
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Err, aren't they talking about advertising signs, not direction arrows for sportives ?

I'm fully with them if they mean these banners that people stick up on fences, cable tie to roadsigns or hammer in on posts on the verge, saying "earn £500 week in your spare time" or advertising greenhouses or hot tubs or other cr*p.

In fact, they should charge whoever put them up for the time taken to remove them.
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    andy_wrx wrote:
    Err, aren't they talking about advertising signs, not direction arrows for sportives ?

I'm fully with them if they mean these banners that people stick up on fences, cable tie to roadsigns or hammer in on posts on the verge, saying "earn £500 week in your spare time" or advertising greenhouses or hot tubs or other cr*p.

In fact, they should charge whoever put them up for the time taken to remove them.
    Almost certainly talking about advertisements. The National Park was one of the backers for the Fred Whitton.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    This is what we want. Lovely free market philosophy...

TurnpikeEndSign.jpg
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer