What's Annoying You Today?

Secteur
Secteur Posts: 1,971
edited July 2012 in The bottom bracket
So far today for me it's people who just, you know, go on a bit... especially when you try to make it clear that you haven't got time / need to go / aren't really interested in what they have to say...

anyway, that's all (for now)

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    my numb fingers, they are annoying me today
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • kayo74
    kayo74 Posts: 299
    Work!!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    People who act all holier than thou and wield the PC baton.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    the company board members

bunch of c***ts (which happens to be sentence of the week in my office) :wink:
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Fire alarms - and the fact that some people think that one going off is the equivalent to the 3 minute warning FFS.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    adservers locking BR up !!! :evil:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    my numb fingers....still

fecking doctor said "oh it will be fine, it wont last for ever like that"

so when will i be able to feel again with my pinky an ring finger?!?!?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Swimmers shoulder :(
  • snoopsmydogg
    MattC59 wrote:

+1 to this, thought it was just my pc that kept freezing.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    MattC59 wrote:

+1
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My wife with her don't do dishes-dishwasher-pan soak-dishwash that-dont soak this regime. I am getting close to giving her a really dirty look........
  • jawooga
    jawooga Posts: 530
    Trying not to have a drink while bored and living in a hotel for a week.

And, the speed with which football experts have decided that, in fact England aren't very good after all. No Shit.
  • My wife with her don't do dishes-dishwasher-pan soak-dishwash that-dont soak this regime. I am getting close to giving her a really dirty look........

Watch out she may soak and/or dishwash your face :D

FWIW My wife is the same god help me if I try to do anything to help her in the kitchen (not that I do often) despite the fact she's permanently moaning about having too much to do in there I always get it wrong - mmm ... that seems to be annoying me today so back on topic :lol:
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    Hay fever... Keep forgetting to put my eye drops in before I ride, resulting in arriving back home with two red itchy eyes...
  • Secteur wrote:
    Hay fever... Keep forgetting to put my eye drops in before I ride, resulting in arriving back home with two red itchy eyes...

F&&K me - that's reminded me of my wife again - living with someone with hay fever - explosive sneezes ever two seconds AAGGGH (if only I was nice I may give a ... )
  • People who write "ect" when they should write "etc".
    "etc" is an abbreviation of "et cetera" which is a Latin phrase meaning "and so forth" or "and other things".

People who write "of" instead of "have" or its abbreviation "'ve".
    For example "I should of paid more attention at school" should be "I should have paid more attention at school".
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Here is two: 'Mega' or 'well' used completely in the wrong context. It was well cooll or well good or its was mega brill, f**cking retards. Like to see some of them go to Poland and get a job, ha ha.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    I am annoying me, I keep wanting a microwaved Mars Bar and I've told myself NO! like 50 times but I'm just not listening. I am going to get in trouble with myself if I do not behave myself. Look it's fine, I want the Microwave Mars Bar it's good energy... NO, I'm not having it I've told you!
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    willhubs broken, guys :(
  • Sitting around at home waiting for my new wheels to turn up :(

I could be out on my bike
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    daviesee wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

+1
    You know you can sort that out, just remember that

**Nobody likes ads but they pay for the site so please have the class not to whine about them**
  • bompington
    Anyway, forgot that I came here to post today's annoyance - commuting related, but I'm not sure I belong in Commuting, because apparently commuting is defined as "cycling along the embankment", wherever that may be.

Junction where I turn out onto the main road (A94) from the hill road where I get to ride in peace - it's just at the end of one of those small villages with a 30 limit on an otherwise fast road.

I'm fed up with the number of cars who start to accelerate from 300m before the derestriction, giving the impression that they're trying to catch up with me just in time for the traffic island and constriction, which is what they wind up doing.
    Today's was possibly the closest pass I've ever had from a car going at speed, I know it's easy to exaggerate but it was definitely less than a foot, might have been only inches from the wing mirror. I would have been doing about 20 and he must have been over 50. Still 100m short of the end of the 30 limit.

End of rant, thanks for your patience.
  • daviesee
    bompington wrote:

**Nobody likes ads but they pay for the site so please have the class not to whine about them**
    Good.
    Please share how with us PC nuptys and I will stop whining. Seriously. Please :?:
    (It's not just this site that does it).
  • snoopsmydogg
    bompington wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

+1

dont mind adverts and any sort of revenue is a good revenue in this climate. Is there a donate facility for the site? quite a few others I know have this and it helps keep the site running. Issue is not with the adverts but why my pc freezes due to them.

at least we dont get pop ups though :)
  • bompington
    daviesee wrote:
    bompington wrote:

Good.
    Please share how with us PC nuptys and I will stop whining. Seriously. Please :?:
    (It's not just this site that does it).
    Think of a one-word anagram that spells a well known Chrome extension if that's your browser: bad lock
    Or for IE: lad block pus
    Similar available for FF etc.

In case you're wondering why the slightly mad cloak and dagger approach, try posting your anagram answer on here - it's not liked by site operators as it prevents users from clicking on ads, and so denies the site the revenue from them.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    I only installed that add-on when they started having ad space in the middle of threads.

What's annoying me today. The weather. It's proper crap, although today was a scheduled rest/duvet day.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • bompington
    Jez mon wrote:
    I only installed that add-on when they started having ad space in the middle of threads.
    same here
  • daviesee
    bompington wrote:
    Think of a one-word anagram that spells a well known Chrome extension if that's your browser: bad lock
    Or for IE: lad block pus
    Similar available for FF etc.
    Ah. It's just on the work's PC and I have no control over that. :cry:
    Works fine at home.

As said above, I don't have a problem with the ads, just the freezing.

Thanks.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Sitting around at home waiting for my new wheels to turn up :(

I could be out on my bike

Are you in a position where you're able to blame W****e or did you buy them elsewhere?

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    BANKERS, AGAIN.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.