Cry Babies At Radioshack

cycling5280
cycling5280 Posts: 279
edited July 2012 in Pro race
What's with all these Euro cry babies when they don't get what they want? The Schlecks and now Jacob? I thought he was a bigger man but apparently he couldn't shut up and take a decision like a Pro. Didn't see Horner b!tch and complain about sponsors and management and see where he is in July...the Tour.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12224 ... races.aspx

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    What's with all these Euro cry babies when they don't get what they want? The Schlecks and now Jacob? I thought he was a bigger man but apparently he couldn't shut up and take a decision like a Pro. Didn't see Horner b!tch and complain about sponsors and management and see where he is in July...the Tour.

Oh no?
    http://bicycling.com/blogs/thisjustin/2 ... de-france/

Another poor attempt at trolling we Euro cry babies. :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • cycling5280

Oh no?
    http://bicycling.com/blogs/thisjustin/2 ... de-france/

Another poor attempt at trolling we Euro cry babies. :roll:

Horner
    Every day of this year—and every day of most of my life—my sole objective is to be the best professional I can be, and that’s what I try to do. If I have to miss the Tour de Suisse because I don’t have the fitness to do the Tour of Suisse, because of a back injury, then I can’t show up at the Tour de Suisse. What the team decides to do after that is left up to the team. But it’s not my place to tell the team who they should pick and shouldn’t pick.

Fuglsang
    "There is more than what appears in the press. We see only the tip of the iceberg. It does not take a genius to see that it is not running as it should."

I can't help you if you don't see the difference in professionalism when reacting to management decisions.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    What's the difference between Bruyneel and Fuglsang?

Only one of them will be working on pro cycling next year

For a GT, RSNT have the Schlecks, then JS. Not taking him, if he's fit, is stupidity. Saying he's not going to any WT races for the rest of the season is gross stupidity.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • blazing_saddles
    edited June 2012
    Since you like quotes:
    "I can’t predict what’s going on inside Johan’s head, but I can surely tell you that the stuff that the team said will have a dramatic effect on my selection for the Olympics."
    Chris Horner.
    Yeah, much more professional. :roll:

Now, put the shoe on the other foot and see how it fits.
    Horner dumped out of the TDF squad to make room for Jakob Fuglsang
    and he's going to say no worries? I don't think so.

In any case, the real issue isn't whether Horner or JF should be on the team, but wtf does Popovych still merit a slot?

Of course it's the tip of the iceberg and gross stupidity to boot, as Iain says.
  • cycling5280
    iainf72 wrote:
    What's the difference between Bruyneel and Fuglsang?

Only one of them will be working on pro cycling next year

For a GT, RSNT have the Schlecks, then JS. Not taking him, if he's fit, is stupidity. Saying he's not going to any WT races for the rest of the season is gross stupidity.

True Bruyneel will not be in the sport next year and Jacob will be. That said, I think Fuglsang deserves the punishment for talking bad about the team and the sponsors. I think he has to remember who pays his living even if they decide he's not riding...it's like an extended paid vacation and we all like those. Sponsors don't care about his WT/UCI points. Right now he has brought on more bad publicity for his out cries vs. his chipper win to his sponsors.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    I can't help you if you don't see the difference in professionalism when reacting to management decisions.

But the management decisions have been awful, the team is in disarray, they've had no result and the management is under investigation for doping offences. They've got every right to voice their concerns - it's currently the second most shambolic team in world sport.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • cycling5280
    Since you like quotes:
    "I can’t predict what’s going on inside Johan’s head, but I can surely tell you that the stuff that the team said will have a dramatic effect on my selection for the Olympics."
    Chris Horner.
    Yeah, much more professional. :roll:

Now, put the shoe on the other foot and see how it fits.
    Horner dumped out of the TDF squad to make room for Jakob Fuglsang
    and he's going to say no worries? I don't think so.

In any case, the real issue isn't whether Horner or JF should be on the team, but wtf does Popovych still merit a slot?

Of course it's the tip of the iceberg and gross stupidity to boot, as Iain says.

Popo has form and is willing to try something. Frank on the other hand is just pathetic announcing his excuse before the race even starts. Just an awful decision to bring a so called leader who outright states he has no form and doesn't want to be a leader.
  • cycling5280
    RichN95 wrote:

But the management decisions have been awful, the team is in disarray, they've had no result and the management is under investigation for doping offences. They've got every right to voice their concerns - it's currently the second most shambolic team in world sport.

I agree but lets not be surprised when you bash management and ultimately your sponsors and get the bench.
  • iainf72

Popo has form and is willing to try something. Frank on the other hand is just pathetic announcing his excuse before the race even starts. Just an awful decision to bring a so called leader who outright states he has no form and doesn't want to be a leader.

Whoa. If Popo has form, I dread to see what someone with no form looks like

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider_ ... &current=0

Actually, he's probably someone who came 2nd in a recent race.
  • cycling5280
    iainf72 wrote:

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider_ ... &current=0

Actually, he's probably someone who came 2nd in a recent race.

Well he has done the Tour the last 7 years or so and he hasn't announced he doesn't have form so he must have form right?
  • iainf72
    Popo hasnt shown much form ever since he was chased by the coppers and everyone is watching everything Ferrari does.

Popo was a great prepared rider. On less gear, he seems less interesting.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:

Like this: http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider_ ... &current=0

Still, it's better than 2010: http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider_ ... &current=0
  • blazing_saddles

I agree but lets not be surprised when you bash management and ultimately your sponsors and get the bench.

I agree with this.
    It's far less surprising than say, already being on the bench, then bashing the management, (see above quote) making a statement in support of an ex team mate, of whom you have been previously critical and ultimately getting the game.
  • cycling5280

I agree with this.
    It's far less surprising than say, already being on the bench, then bashing the management, (see above quote) making a statement in support of an ex team mate, of whom you have been previously critical and ultimately getting the game.

When management openly states your injured after you had just done a 600 mile week of training something is up. It's obvious management and sponsors listened and Horner is in. If it were considered bashing management Horner would not be on the roster. Horner's statement in support of Lance has nothing to do with his selection for the Tour and it shouldn't.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    RichN95 wrote:

What's the first?
  • RichN95.
    Tusher wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

What's the first?

A football team in your neck of the woods.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Doh! Of course.
    I could only think about cycling teams.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Hey Cyclopath5820 I reckon you should find a US forum where you can cosy up to like minded folk. You are getting tiring tbh.

No need to worry about Fugslang as will leave this complete waste of time US Team and become Contador's super domestique, where he will appreciate and learn from riding for the best stage race rider this decade and a generous and good leader to boot.

That team really needs to go, along with the self serving fat people that run it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Cyclopath5820

BOOOOM!!!! :lol:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Contador ... the best stage race rider this decade and a generous and good leader to boot.

Boom-tish.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • blazing_saddles
    We might have a Euro crybaby epidemic on our hands. The Tour really is the straw that breaks the camel's back:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/another ... e-le-mevel

So JV will now stop him riding the ToP, right?
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    We might have a Euro crybaby epidemic on our hands. The Tour really is the straw that breaks the camel's back:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/another ... e-le-mevel

So JV will now stop him riding the ToP, right?

It doesn't seem that he's crying to me. He's just stating that he's been managed out of the Team, which, on the face of it, is what appears to be happening. If he needs a new Team then he needs to let people know he's available, which is all he's done.

Entirely sensible IMHO.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    The riders have filed a complaint about not getting paid. Looks like The Hog has pulled anchor.
  • blazing_saddles
    pat1cp wrote:
    The riders have filed a complaint about not getting paid. Looks like The Hog has pulled anchor.
    Indeed:
    http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... til_uci%2F

I'd say this is far more unprofessional than expressing disappointment at non-Tour selection to the press.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    pat1cp wrote:
    Indeed:

I'd say this is far more unprofessional than expressing disappointment at non-Tour selection to the press.

Have they not been paid 'this months' wages? or is it an ongoing thing? Im not sure how pay works in cycling if its like at the end of the month or whatever.
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Did I miss something?

Has Radioshack, Trek or Nissan gone bankrupt?

Is the Hog using the riders wages to pay his lawyers?

Frenchie calling another forum person annoying -- classic.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    MrTapir wrote:
    pat1cp wrote:
    Indeed:

Have they not been paid 'this months' wages? or is it an ongoing thing? Im not sure how pay works in cycling if its like at the end of the month or whatever.

I think Fulsgang (I ve spelt that wrong have nt I) hinted that it has been happening for a few months now.....but only hinted!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    It must be Vino's fault.

Oh no, wait, that was at Astana.

Perhaps Bruyneel gets confused when money isn't in his PayPal account?
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Eees nothing to do with me.

Ave innocent calves
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Here's your boy Horner...

tumblr_m6p4scWKf01qacyk6o1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest