Hull to London

l1ncs
l1ncs Posts: 43
edited July 2012 in Tour & expedition
I decided the other day I fancied doing this since I have a few weeks to spare! I haven't ridden in about 3 years so I'm sure it will be tough but I've mentioned it to loads of people, so i cant really back out now.

Can anyone suggest some suitable routes? My provisional plan is Hull-Lincoln-Peterborough-Welwyn-London. I'm therefore allowing for 4 days. My main reason for choosing these destinations is that I should be able to grab a free room for the night at these locations. I'd prefer a route which takes me past some intersting sights that may be slightly longer, rather than the all out quickest. Does this sound quite doable? Given that i havent been on a bike in quite a few years, although I am fairly young and reasonably fit.

Comments

• salsarider79
    salsarider79 Posts: 828
    Have a good look at the routes on here. There are loads and you might find what you want....
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • Bodhbh
    Bodhbh Posts: 117
    Given the prevailing wind direction (which can be a bugger to go against over the fens) I'd probably consider doing it the other direction. But I can see why London might be a better climax to the trip than Hull :)
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    take the humber bridge south from hull and follow NCN1 to lincoln, follow the water rail way from lincoln to boston and then on to peterborough.

as said above, leaving hull is the better way! haha.
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    london/edinburgh/london route might be interesting. it will be on bikely .
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    I did Nottm to Hull on my own a while back - the Lincon to Hull bit is good roads, although the long roman road has a lot of traffic and isn't hugely wide.