Anyone got a carbon Rose frame?

richard36
richard36 Posts: 346
edited June 2012 in Road general
My Rose bike came yesterday and it looks great except the black part of the frame (it's a red and black colour) looks as though it hasn't been properly finished. It should be glossy black but the 'carbon weave' (I think that's what its called) is quite marked. I'm going to email Rose about it but before I do I was wondering whether anyone else with a Rose carbon frame has the same 'markings'

Thanks

Comments

• zoso7
    zoso7 Posts: 66
    Its meant to be like that, I have a Canyon and the exposed carbon is exactly the same as you describe. The uniform carbon weave that you see on other bikes is purely a cosmetic top layer, the carbon underneath looks exactly like yours. This keeps the weight down and means they can put the right amount of carbon where you need it most for strength instead of worrying about how pretty the finish is. I actually really like it if im honest.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Sounds dodgy, got a picture :?:
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    well it is a mass produced frame, not that you should expect it, but I'm just saying ...
  • zoso7
    Have a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12797502

this is my Canyon with the exposed carbon frame as i mentioned above. the pics aren't great for showing it but you can make it out on some of them. If yours looks like this then it is totally fine.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    well it is a mass produced frame

Most frames are mass produced, what is your point?

Its perfectly normal and is nothing to worry about. As stated above, the uniform carbon weave often seen on other bikes is just a cosmet layer.
  • richard36
    richard36 Posts: 346
    I think I would rather have a black glossy frame than one which shows the carbon. I can't imagine that not putting an extra coat of paint saves that much weight.
  • zoso7
    Richard,

can you give a link to the bike you have?!

The markings you are talking about are normal, until we see the link to the bike im assuming that your bike has a matt clear coat over the (black) carbon part of your frame rather than 'painted' gloss black. It seems like its your error really for not asking Rose before ordering, I asked the exact same question so I knew what to expect, I still ordered the Canyon instead tho.

I hope this puts your mind at ease.