Got an awesome upgrade on me phone contract.

willhub
willhub Posts: 821
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
HTC Sensation ---> HTC One X

HTC Sensation:
£30 Per Month
400 Minutes
1000 texts
All you can eat internets
Phone was 90 quid when I got it.

HTC One X:
£24 per month
600 Minutes
1000 texts
Free phone

Because the phone is so good and new, even if I struggled to afford it, all I have to do is sell my HTC Sensation + One X, and I've paid off whole bill + got an okish phone still.

What a bargain.

Comments

• Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I've just got a One X on O2, cost me more than that! Seriously fast phone, great if you live 'big' phones :D
  • timmyturbo
    timmyturbo Posts: 617
    or GIFF GAFF on PAYG for £25 i get 1500 any network minutes , free giffgaff 2 giffgaff calls and texts , unlimited texts and internet , which you tether wirelessly to your laptop with no contract at all ,free voicemail and 0800 numbers are free, and you can vary how much you top up . this is IMHO the best deal on the market , and why is it on a £40 a month 24month contract with a free phone that when you go sim only its £25 , because that was not free and is a breach of advertising standards and passing off , i cannot be arsed to complain as i am not affected . cheers
    Britannia waives the rules
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    I like phone boxes-you can still get awesome plug-ins if you choose the right providers.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    I got his upgraded from my old rusty ones

7141950015_1715854cf0_m.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • willhub
    I'm looking forward to flashing it and clocking it.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Thought you said "looking forward to cocking and flashing" for a minute.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    From phones4u - £36 a month for 12 months with Vodafone and a free HTC One S or One X. I opted for the One S as the One X is just too big. That's with more minutes and texts than I'll ever use and 500Mb data. Very unusual to get a decent phone for free at a decent monthly cost on a 12 month deal these days.
    More problems but still living....
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    It's great people can afford expensive mobile contracts when unemployed.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    willhub wrote:

You should have got a Samsung... there will be so much more dev support for the S3
  • willhub
    willhub wrote:

You should have got a Samsung... there will be so much more dev support for the S3

There is just as much support for both phones on XDA Forums.
    nathancom wrote:

Hey smarty pants, I got an E at Maths so you must have got an F.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    willhub wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

I was unemployed in my early 20s for 2-3 months. I could barely afford rent and food let alone a phone but good on you if you can!
  • willhub
    nathancom wrote:
    willhub wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

I was unemployed in my early 20s for 2-3 months. I could barely afford rent and food let alone a phone but good on you if you can!

interested free overdraft for 2 years, and the security that I'll get 130-150 quid for my HTC Sensation and if I struggle I can seel the HTC One X for like £330.
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    I don't think I could eat the whole internet
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    This is an example of "Broken Britain". Boo-hoo, got a degree, cant get a job, no future but I have a new shiny phone that I pay monthly for. Sorry, but there is skint and SKINT and i dont get this, if you are jobseeking and money is an issue, nothing wrong with a tenner credit on PAYG and an old phone to get you by. Sheesh, young people today........ :wink:
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    willhub wrote:
    interested free overdraft for 2 years, and the security that I'll get 130-150 quid for my HTC Sensation and if I struggle I can seel the HTC One X for like £330.

so you are using other peoples money to pay your bill and would need to make a decision about selling the phone sooner rather than later as HTC seem to update their range every couple of months :wink:
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    Re: Got an awesome upgrade on me phone contract. - read this and thought Ezy_Rider had moved into selling phones...

Then realised willhub v2.1 was feeling upbeat about getting a new phone - Priorities Laddie - get a job ya numptie :D Edinburgh festivals are hiring now get on yer bike and up here for a job.
  • willhub
    People who think I'm using other peoples money need to realise that there is a complex set of mathematic calculations that explain that I'm not using anyones money and I could pay for it myself, you have to realise the £500+ mobile phone I got for £0, I know this is mind blowing but it's true.

My contract was £30 per month since June 2011, so it's gone down now, so I'm paying less, but I don't think I need to explain myself personally.
  • snoopsmydogg
    touchy are we? :P

There are no complex calculations at all

contract £24 x 24 months = £576 to buy out
    phone = £500 at present value
    phone 2 = £150 at present value

so that leaves you £74 at the present time but your phones will devalue much faster than your contract will

if you are running your phone on an interest free overdraft (your own words) then you are not paying for it yourself are you? You are using the banks money on loan to you.
    willhub wrote:

the phone is currently worth £500 but in about 2 months when the next model is out it will be worth considerably less

personally i'm happy with my deal 600mins, unltd texts, unltd data for £10pm with free htc phone all because i told them i was leaving to take the same contract elsewhere with a free tv :wink:

*waits for next nibble*
  • willhub
    So what if I'm using an interest free overdraft? I won't be in it for months, if I've got it I'll use it.

I'll get £150 for my HTC, that is phone contract essentially paid for 6 months and I'll be sorted by then, so I don't need to worry.

If people are bothered then they can go out and get a smartphone. I could have just updated my contract with my HTC Sensation on a one month rolling for £15 a month but not unlimited data but I was interested in the new phone as I like to mess about with new gadgets and the latest tech, I can probably make a nice blog post from that phone, something to do.
  • snoopsmydogg
    willhub wrote:
    So what if I'm using an interest free overdraft?

then you will be using someone elses money, a point made that you so ferociously denied. :roll:

#onthehooknow
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    willhub wrote:
    I'll get £150 for my HTC, that is phone contract essentially paid for 6 months and I'll be sorted by then, so I don't need to worry.
    You sure?

Job hunt been on the go for around a month and no positive result, other than broadening your search.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    willhub wrote:
    HTC Sensation ---> HTC One X

HTC Sensation:
    £30 Per Month
    400 Minutes
    1000 texts
    Phone was 90 quid when I got it.

HTC One X:
    £24 per month
    600 Minutes
    1000 texts
    Free phone

Because the phone is so good and new, even if I struggled to afford it, all I have to do is sell my HTC Sensation + One X, and I've paid off whole bill + got an okish phone still.

What a bargain.

Pictures or it didn't happen. :)

The older I get, the better I was.

• willhub
    willhub wrote:

then you will be using someone elses money, a point made that you so ferociously denied. :roll:

#onthehooknow

FREE MONEY FOR A YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • snoopsmydogg
    willhub wrote:

What is? the phone that is devaluing by the month? or the interest free overdraft that isnt your money?

*never mind a nibble i've got a bite and this ones a whopper*
  • Anonymous
    willhub wrote:
    willhub wrote:

#onthehooknow

This thread really confirms how bleeding thick you are Will. Not so much the money side, but the "no job, cant be arsed, oh well, free money, blahblah-ness". Betcha you are still at home or are going back to live at home ?
  • willhub
    willhub wrote:
    willhub wrote:

#onthehooknow

This thread really confirms how bleeding thick you are Will. Not so much the money side, but the "no job, cant be arsed, oh well, free money, blahblah-ness". Betcha you are still at home or are going back to live at home ?

This post really confirms how wrong you are about me. Of course it's not free money, unlike most students I've never gone into my overdraft, the reason I even decided to get one was for the initial deposit for moving into a flat, not spending it on shite. I just felt like post free money because I can't be bothered defending my position anymore.
  • Anonymous
    willhub wrote:
    willhub wrote:
    willhub wrote:

#onthehooknow

This post really confirms how wrong you are about me. Of course it's not free money, unlike most students I've never gone into my overdraft, the reason I even decided to get one was for the initial deposit for moving into a flat, not spending it on shite. I just felt like post free money because I can't be bothered defending my position anymore.
    Sorry Will, didn't mean to dig at you as hard. I must be jealous of your youth. Sorry. :cry: