Road Shoes

Mike Howarth
Mike Howarth Posts: 75
edited June 2012 in Road buying advice
Guys

Wondering if you can help me out with some recommendations. Bought a new carbon road bike at the beginning of the year, and haven't done it much justice in the pedal/shoe department - still running some eggbeaters and my mtb shoes which I fitted as a temporary stop gap!

I've got a pair of ultegra sl pedals waiting to fit but really struggling with shoes. Tried various pairs of Sidi shoes (Genius Five Pro & Five) but the sizing seems to be all over the place, even when using their size chart I can't seem to get a good fit.

One of my other frustrations seems to be soon as I return the shoes, the retailer seems to run out of the next available sizing.

I've sort of admitted defeat purchasing some Sid's given the current state of play, and I don't have a local stockists to call in on.

So looking for alternative recommendations. Requirements:
- Wide Foot
- Price no greater than £150

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Lake CX236C Wide or Northwaves
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Think about the weather you'll be cycling in. Most road shoes have mesh uppers that are useless in cold or wet weather. Not really suited to our climate at all. I also find SPD-SL cleats much harder to live with in traffic.

Before them I ran SPD shoes with A520 single sided pedals (which look a bit more "roadie") and I found them far easier to live with.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!