Boardman Fi Carbon sizing

domcarr
domcarr Posts: 85
edited June 2012 in Road buying advice
Can anyone recommend what size Boardman Fi Carbon would fit my wife, who is 5' 6"? I think the medium (51.5) but the guys in Halfords were, lets be generous, "uninformed".....

Cheers

Comments

• Ka12
    Ka12 Posts: 216
    Hi,

I'm 5'6" with a 30" inside leg and bought the medium (51.5) carbon Fi road bike about 4 weeks ago.

Your wife needs to try the different sizes though to see what fits her best.

Sarah
  • bisoner
    bisoner Posts: 171
    domcarr wrote:
    Can anyone recommend what size Boardman Fi Carbon would fit my wife, who is 5' 6"? I think the medium (51.5) but the guys in Halfords were, lets be generous, "uninformed".....

Cheers

My wife is 5' 5.5" and I went for a medium. I think a small may have been a better choice but this may be partly down to my wife getting used to the more racey position of a roadie rather than the upright position of a mtb. As already started, if you can, get her to try both - though Halfords are more about volume selling at all costs than selling a correctly fitted bike.

In summary, I don't think a small would be too small but a medium might be too big (reach in particular to the handlebars). If you get a medium, you might end up playing around with stems (like I have) until my wife gets used to the road biking position.

It's a lovely bike and great value for money.

Brad
  • domcarr
    domcarr Posts: 85
    Thanks all - I'm going to go for the medium.