XC route near Yarnfield park, Stone, staffs

shouldgetoutmore
shouldgetoutmore Posts: 66
edited June 2012 in Routes
Hi, i will be stuck at Yarnfield park , stone, Staffs next week on a training course so will be looking to escape in the evenings. Does anyone know of any where to ride in this area? looking for Xc single track etc that i can get to by bike. The post code for where i'm staying is ST15 0NL.
Cheers.
Canyon Strive 8.0 AL. 20013
Gary Fisher HiFi Pro 09
Gary Fisher X caliber 00

Comments

• Pipster3
    Pipster3 Posts: 82
    Give the lads at Velo http://velo-m.co.uk/about.php a ring they do evening Mountain bike rides from there shop in Stone ...They do a loop round Hanchurch woods http://www.moredirt.co.uk/trail/United- ... Woods/517/ lots of good stuff if you have local knowledge ....
  • MrGeebs
    MrGeebs Posts: 62
    if you go straight north from that postcode through swynnerton and out to the A51, have a look at a OS online map,likebing maps, to see where you come out to the A51 and to the right a little bit there is a bridleway heading north, heading over a double dirt track, this track after a mile and a half will bring you to Hanchurch woods, where there quite a few off road built single track. That bridleway will take in two descents before bringing you to the woods, passing a resovoir & water tower on the right. The downhills are fun, follow the signs through woods and up tracks past houses for 'Hanchurch Walk'.
    If you wanna have some real fun though, take your car and bike 34mins drive to WS15 2UQ. cannock chase and do the monkey of course :) allow a 2-3 hours for the monkey, or no more than 1.5 for follow the dog so perfect for an evening ride.
    um .. . . . .
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Plenty of routes around hanchurch although none are marked and it all looks very similar, so keep an eye on where you're going..
    Tuesdays, Goldtec / Betd do a club run which leaves from the Poachers Cottage at Trentham ST4 8AA, as long as your there for 5;45 you could tag on with them, usually round hanchurch.
  • I should be down at Yarnfield also from Wednesday onwards. Might bring my bike down and meet up if you fancy it.
  • Cannock?