The Sportive St Andrews 26/8/12

HI All

The Sportive St Andrews takes place on Sunday the 26'th of August, in Fife
We're offering 3 routes
45 Miles
65 Miles
80 Miles

Entry is £26.25 with the processing fee through Entry Central www.entrycentral.com

The St Andrews Sportive is supporting Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland & a new Local schools cycling programme, more information on both partners can be found on the event web-site http://www.sportivestandrews.co.uk

My lovely Friend Sara has put up a Villa in Spain for a prize, when you enter the ride you are in with a chance of a week in the Villa how nice is that !

The minimum age is 16 with consent from the organisers U-16 will be considered for the ride but they must be accompanied by an over 18 for the duration of the event.

Subject to change! Ideally I'd appreciate those who are aiming to ride the 80 mile route to come in for Registration 1'st from 7.30am

With those of you planning on the 45 & 65 to come in for batch 2 registration from 8.45.

Whilst there is no specific, restrictions from the Police, I don't want to have to send you off in groups if this can be avoided & my guess is you wont want to register and then be waiting to go ride. So I hope to avoid having hundreds of people quing to get out & cycle.

It's not a race ! but I know some of you will treat it as such, so if you are planning to pin it come in and register early!

7.30am Registration opens at Madras College
7:45am 1'st Starters on the 80 route
8:45am Registration for the 45 & 60 routes
10:00am: Registration Closes
10:15am Last riders take to the course

The route will be signed and well marshalled but we also ask all competitors to be familiar with the route on the day, we will also issue route maps on the day that you can take with you.

All Riders will be e-mailed registration and insurance forms to bring with them on the day of the Sportive at least 2 weeks prior to the Sportive date. Insurance is covered in your entry fee

Loads of Information on the web-site http://www.sportivestandrews.co.uk

Follow me on twitter @SportiveStAs

Chip Timing is through Finishline and your chip sticks to your helmet, ingenious I know !

This year mechanical support is coming from Kyle @ Bloomfield bikes based in Abernthy, Kyle will be at the Newburgh Feed Station & providing a shop in a box during registration.

If you've never done a sportive ride before, Tom @ Collective Trainig is offering 2 training days in August witha 25% discount, you'll ride the routes, get a bike fit & some practical on-bike advice & training, this will be based out of Madras College Campus on 4/5 of August. Details on the web-site.

We have loads of Parking at Madras College & the website will get updated to show this in due course, with alternative parking facilities also being shown.

Phew think thats it ! If you have any requests or concerns please get in touch & hope to see plenty of you on the start line !

Ky

Comments

• Looks like a good event

How much of the entry fee goes to charity?
  • Looks like a good event

How much of the entry fee goes to charity?

Hi there this year approx 30% to the Charity 30% to the mobile mountain bike track we want to build for the local school Kids with the remainder covering the event costs IE chip timing/racking/marshals/goody bags etc etc