Help Needed: Find That Website..

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
I stumbled upon either a cycling blog or website a few years ago and I recall a post or article that consisted of maybe some kind of list that featured these amazing little pencil drawings accompanying each one (I specifically remember a picture of a magpie). Well i'm trying to find it again, any ideas?

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Superb. So many similarities. And yes, the headwind out and the headwind home which I experienced on Wednesday before the monsoon broke out which I feel really glad about 'cos it was the last day I could have possibly gone out before it.

If you look at the Penninsula that is the Rhins, Dumfries and Galloway, about as far West as you can go in mainland UK, and look at the flat intervening area between the Machars and the Rhins (the only flat area here so I have to go round in 9.8 mile circles), you will see the ridge of hills that can form an Eddy. This Eddy 'flows' in a horseshoe shape, and not 6ft2 and lean. It can produce the most unusual of headwinds for 3/4 of the triangular route, which means a tailwind for 1/4 of the loop and the ride home. Buggered my bid to beat my PB. But hey, personal battles and a pint or two of Guinness to help me ramble on and on and on... sorry fellas.
    PS If I had anticipated this unusual event, I would have gone anti-clockwise, but by the time I hit the second turn it was too late, you cannnot do a ue in the middle of the road can you?, theres something in that that is bordering on submission.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!