Evans Ride It - Peak

hmbadger
hmbadger Posts: 181
Anyone signed up for this on Sunday? Medium weather warning out for next 48 hours in Manchester area, and current forecast for Sunday is poor, with heavy showers/thunderstorms and gusts up to 30mph.

Don't fancy the Snake Passs in that. :shock:

Comments

• skippa76
    skippa76 Posts: 284
    I was planning to do it as part of my prep for the Etape in three weeks time... but I think'll pass and ramp up the training once the weather turn from being less horrendous.
  • bs147
    bs147 Posts: 164
    Same here - weather is currently putting me off - having been drenched several times this week already!
  • hatone
    hatone Posts: 228
    Second that! - planned to do this but decided to stay at home (4 hrs drive away for me) and do training rides locally in prep for Marmotte.

Tis no fun riding in pouring rain and high winds... Just too risky IMHO, esp. if you're doing any French/Italian sportives in the Summer.
  • alywbwfc
    alywbwfc Posts: 9
    Same here - shame really as it would have been good prep for the Etape. Gona do 100 miles in the Cotswolds tomorrow instead
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    Forecast for Sunday has improved; now down as an overcast/cloudy day, with rain confined to early hours and early morning. See if that better forecast lasts....
  • hmbadger
    hmbadger Posts: 181
    rdt wrote:
    Forecast for Sunday has improved; now down as an overcast/cloudy day, with rain confined to early hours and early morning. See if that better forecast lasts....

Well that was mostly true! Did have a couple of squally showers, but other than that wasn't too bad. Found it a tough day though, and that was only the medium route. Last bit up to the Snake Pass was pretty brutal - full on headwind of maybe 30mph?