Any other sites that allow sales without pictures?

timbooth
timbooth Posts: 160
I have over 20 years of cycling bits and pieces to sell, ranging from old magazines, to unused frames, vintage mtb frames, chain sets, brake sets, forks, tyres, wheels, etc. the list goes on.

I am not going to photograph it all, as I have a job, etc and would take weeks to snap, order and store.

Are there any other forums that are less draconian about how one can sell stuff?

Thanks

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    TimBooth wrote:
    I have over 20 years of cycling bits and pieces to sell, ranging from old magazines, to unused frames, vintage mtb frames, chain sets, brake sets, forks, tyres, wheels, etc. the list goes on.

I am not going to photograph it all, as I have a job, etc and would take weeks to snap, order and store.

Are there any other forums that are less draconian about how one can sell stuff?

Thanks

What kind of idiot would buy something off the internet blind?

Just put it into categories and take group photographs...
  • timbooth
    timbooth Posts: 160
    Er, the kind of 'idiots' that have formed the membership of this site (and it's predecessors) for the last god-knows-how-many years and whose membership allows the very existence of the site?. Who bought and sold on trust before some pompous twot decided that people couldn't decide for themselves. Nobody is forcing someone to buy anything - if you dont want to buy something without photos, don't. But you shouldn't stop those who built reputations on forums from trading on their good names.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Try singletrackworld, although the fact you'll be a newly registered member may put some people off.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The rules are there for the benefit of all so they can see EXACTLY what they are buying. People do want to see the colours, marks etc - some people are specific about what they want. it also protects you to an extent if someone claims they have received something different.

The rule will not be changed. I photographed 15 items yesterday, took 10 mins to upload and sort the advert.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Take few pictures containing lots of items. Open in paint and give them a clear number. Upload and post

Where is the drama there?