do you race?

Bob Spit
Bob Spit Posts: 8
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
hi, i'm writing from canada. i subscribe to this great magazine and saw you have a forum (bored at work so been doing a bit of posting lately). just wondering how many of you race and what cat you're in or what kind of racing you're doing?

i started racing x-c mtn bikes for a local team and a provincial team in 1995 and then switched to road in 2000. i'm not actively racing anymore but still ride both mtn bike and road. i'll do an occasional local tt or crit nowadays but still have a passion for technical x-c mtn bike trails.

what are you all doing?

http://www.doperssuck.com

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    No.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    There's what 10 races a month in the whole of Ontario? There's 20 races a week in London, it's completely different. I don't race these days, but I'm off to Canada tomorrow to hopefully clean up every strava segment I can find...
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    I do 10 and 25 mile time trials, I can't afford road racing, I'm getting better at 10 miles with a pb of 22:35 and consistently doing around 23:15 but I suck at 25 miles.

It may be a tt but its still a race.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Used to race MTB, Sports cat, back in the early '90s (when it was proper mountain biking and you had to be able to ride a bike everywhere, not in groomed trail centers and not just down hill).

Can't be ar*ed with racing. I ride a few sportives and ride with my mates, but just for the enjoyment.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Bob - head over to the amateur race section of the forum. Here: viewforum.php?f=40041

You'll find plenty of racing kindred spirits there.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Bob - head over to the amateur race section of the forum. Here: viewforum.php?f=40041

You'll find plenty of racing kindred spirits there.

Wot yer sayin' like ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!