Afan Rookie

mini-eggs
mini-eggs Posts: 811
edited June 2012 in Routes
Who's been to try out the new Green trail at afan, the Rookie?

Went with my mate in the week, plan was, he wanted to sus it out as a practice loop (he's very unfit) and I wanted to see if its suitable for my 5yr old who's just getting the bug for biking.

Did the blue loop and green sections, really nicely done, nice wide easy tracks, easy enough for kids but for an experienced biker (lots there trying it out) there's plenty there to blast around as a good warm up for the red trails.

The skills area is great, yes its easy but fun to ride and kid friendly, seen lots of dad's taking their kids there for a ride around.

The Blue loop...its not too bad, again easy, bit more of an uphill towards the end. Hopefully the dedicated Penhydd blue trail to be built will bridge the gap between green and red better.
Follow me on....Google+
Shop here....eBay Shop

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    is the new penhydd going to be blue? no way! that was such a good trail previously :(
  • mini-eggs
    mini-eggs Posts: 811
    yip, Penhydd is going to be totally rebuilt as a blue trail, possibly ready for 2013 was last I heard

:( such great sections there
    Follow me on....Google+
    Shop here....eBay Shop
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    welshkev wrote:
    is the new penhydd going to be blue? no way! that was such a good trail previously :(

That was one of my favourite trails :(:(
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afan is fast becoming the home of the begginer.

Nothing wrong with that but it's a bit of a change in direction, the current red trails have become smoother and dull with repairs smoothing out what were interesting sections.

Accross all of Wales we are getting more green and blue trails, and no Red or Black it's pretty dull and foreced from all bar 1/2 pre posted trails.
  • andymc06
    andymc06 Posts: 245
    http://www.visitsnowdonia.info/blaenau_ ... g-174.aspx

Appears to be a pretty good set up comprising mainly red and black routes.

I agree that their is nothing at Afan that most beginners could not handle mind.
    If at first you don't succeed, spend some more money on kit!

Giant Trance X3 2011