Right pedal problems

snaphappyspen
snaphappyspen Posts: 179
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
I just got my bike back from the shop (gear cable repair) before i took it in, when i was pushing down on the right pedal there seemed to be some clicking every now and again. I thought nothing of it, as i was cycling back yesterday the clicking started again and the right pedal felt as if it was trying to spin the pedal. As if something had got caught in the bearings and made it stick instead of it rotate in the same position as pedals do when your foot is on it. This happened a few times, i was wondering, is this the bearing knackered in the pedal? Or is it something else? Its the first time this has happened to me.
Bike - Scott Aspect 45
Roadie - Trek 1.5 2013

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    What pedals? Read the announcements at the top of the page. Find a manual for them. Bearings may be serviceable and if so, you can regrease them.
  • They just came with the bike, they don't have manuals with them.
    Bike - Scott Aspect 45
    Roadie - Trek 1.5 2013
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Take them to bits and have a look.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Went out on them a few weeks back, and the clicking started again. I spun the pedal and it didn't move smoothly and promptly stopped the bearings were fucked. Luckilly i was near the LBS and picked up some "fatties flatties" pedals, i love em!
    Bike - Scott Aspect 45
    Roadie - Trek 1.5 2013