GT Force - on a student budget.

noppy
noppy Posts: 181
edited June 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Well i got my first 'proper' bike 2 years ago which was an 05/06 specialized fsr xc 100mm bog standard. Anyways i upgraded the forks to 130 all mountains to chain the head angle a little. But decided i wanted a bit bigger travel so i was on the search for a bargain frame. And boy did i find one
This is now my beauty
2012-05-22203738.jpg

since that pic at the top of snowdon ive just put superstar excel grips on as i have massive hands

2012-06-20145923.jpg

The overall bike spec isnt exciting but at the moment its cost me less than £400
frame - GT force 1.0 09 but new old stock
shock - 2011 Fox RL
forks - 05 all mountain 4's i think (when i get a job i think il get magura wotans)

Comments

• jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    Very nice mate, i always liked the styling of the force frame and in blue aswell :D
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    very nice! not bad at all for the price. btw those are 2007 all mounatin 4s, i used to have some
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Good choice sir, I salute you
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    Nice, they ride pretty well and climb even better.
  • Nice looking bike dude ! ! !
    Specialized Stumpjumper Pro M5 2010 ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/77613366@N ... /lightbox/ )
  • noppy
    thanks everyone

once i get a job there will be a few modes but until then she will stay as is.

here's a bit more about the spec:
    CB Iodine headset
    Superstar Zenith 50mm stem
    Superstar Excel grips (to match stem)
    Funn Fatboy bars 690mm 25mm rise (silver/chrome)although CRC describes them as grey :?
    Wellgo MG1 pedals
  • jay12
    noppy wrote:
    thanks everyone

once i get a job there will be a few modes but until then she will stay as is.

here's a bit more about the spec:
    CB Iodine headset
    Superstar Zenith 50mm stem
    Superstar Excel grips (to match stem)
    Funn Fatboy bars 690mm 25mm rise (silver/chrome)although CRC describes them as grey :?
    Wellgo MG1 pedals

i wouldn't get the iodine wheels. bike radar gave them only 2 stars out of 5 and lots of people have been complaining about them. they look nice but they are a poor wheelset
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Who's talking about wheels? He said Headset.
  • jay12
    Who's talking about wheels? He said Headset.
    oops my bad. but that's even worse! they are very weak. two of my friends have snapped their lower cups on them. i wouldn't trust one
  • noppy
    yeh i did hear they were a bit iffy but as i only had these forks with a short steerer i had to get the lowest stack height i could find = cb iodine

seems good so far but we shall see i guess :?
  • MDobs
    MDobs Posts: 167
    isn't it normally the bearings that get a lot of criticism on the CB stuff? that's the impression i get, seen it mentioned on hubs for their wheels, and pedal axles, not seen anything on head sets before. Their newer stuff has generally got better reviews... before the longevity of the bearings has been tested mind.