• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Christ, what did you hit?!
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    Ouch... Still looks great though lol
  • ConanG1989
    ConanG1989 Posts: 64
    No luckily the only thing damaged was the rim. I think it's the angle of the picture thats funny.
    And I didn't really hit anything. Just went down a wrong route onto a down downhillers track whilst beeing egged on by a gopro hd behind me. So I ended up hitting a jump at some speed that I wasn't prepared for and went up instead of forward. That's all I remember really. Was just looking up tangled in my bike about 15mtrs from where I think I landed.

Good times
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice rig evil keneival
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    ConanG1989 wrote:
    And I didn't really hit anything.

Whatever you didn't hit, I don't want to not hit it either.
  • OUCH! that looks nasty!!! hope its just the wheel and not the fork too, Oh, and hope you didnt get too badly injured either!!
    Love the build, especially The Saddle! that Rocks Bigtime!! details please!!!!
    hope youve got it all taped up to help prevent scratches etc to that Beautiful colour,

one question though, on the original pictures, its got the 'Strange' decals on it?? correct me if i'm wrong but arnt the Orange development frames badged as 'Strange's' now?? as in special one off's?? those that make it are kept those that dont are removed from the bike chain?? could be a very special frame on that basis??
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • ConanG1989
    So here's the current spec

Frame: Orange strange evo2 17"
    Forks: rock shock Sid Team
    Bars: ritchey comp
    Stem: hope 70mm 0deg
    Headset: hope
    Grips: lizard skin
    Bar Ends: lizard skin

Front Brake Lever assy: hope race evo
    Front Caliper: hope race evo x2
    Front disc: hope 180 floating disc
    Rear Brake Lever assy: hope race evo
    Rear Caliper: hope race evo x2
    Rear Disc: 180 floating disc
    Hoses: hope

Shifters: deore
    Cables: deore
    Front Mech: deore
    Rear Mech: deore
    Chain Device:

Seat: San marco regal
    Seat Post: hope eternity
    Seat Post Clamp: hope QR

Cranks: deore
    Chainring(s): deore
    Chain: sram
    Cassette: deore
    Pedals: rubbish haha
    Bottom Bracket: hope ceramic

Front Wheel:
    Rim: mavic xc 717 disc
    Spokes: double butted
    Hub: hope
    Tube: slime
    Tire: continental vertical

Back Wheel:
    Rim: mavic xc 717 disc
    Spokes: double butted
    Hub: hope
    Tube: slime
    Tire: continental vertical

Weight: haven't weighed it

And as for the strange logo I wasn't sure of that but looking up on it and it seems if they have that they are the prototype frames witch is cool. The only bummer is that my old frame I had that was stolen was also a strange. :(
  • shouldnt your front wheel spec say 'Was' :-D

going searching for that saddle as its Awesome!! - whats it like comfort wise etc??
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
  • ConanG1989
    shouldnt your front wheel spec say 'Was'

going searching for that saddle as its Awesome!! - whats it like comfort wise etc??

haha yeah i guess it should, but on monday i will be getting the wheel back,i can't wait.

Most people on here hate the saddle, i don't get it really they look really good.
    I got my saddle on ebay, they also do it in a solid leather in black and brown and i think maybe white as well but the best one is mine because it is awesome.
    as for comfort i can't say i have ridden a bike as comfortable as this one before so I'm going to say it amazing, is a bit tricky to attach to a Hope Eternity seat post
  • i dont have a hope post so thats a Plus hahahha! have been searching and found a few, will add them to the watching and spare cash fund!! :-D
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    ConanG1989 wrote:
    No luckily the only thing damaged was the rim. I think it's the angle of the picture thats funny.
    And I didn't really hit anything. Just went down a wrong route onto a down downhillers track whilst beeing egged on by a gopro hd behind me. So I ended up hitting a jump at some speed that I wasn't prepared for and went up instead of forward. That's all I remember really. Was just looking up tangled in my bike about 15mtrs from where I think I landed.

Good times

I just love the way you've worded this as it's had me in stitches for over an hour now but i'm just sooo glad you were ok ;) ..
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Really nice bike, good to see it getting used too.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • JMcP92
    JMcP92 Posts: 339
    Impressive bollocking :)
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Such a nice build! Must be one of the nicest hardtails on here.

Now post the GoPro vid of the crash :P
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Great build thread and I love the colour! I bet your life flashed before your eyes, hope it turns out not to be too expensive.