LED interference with wireless computer

snoopsmydogg
snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
edited June 2012 in Workshop
So for fathers day my son got me this

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... r-10-12299

A few reviews have stated that when used near an led lamp it can cause interference and give innacurate readings but the BR review states this is easily fixed. Does anyone know how?

I haven't fitted it yet so dont know if i'm going to have issues but at the same time I run a flashing 3 led lamp on the stem and a constant 5 led on the bars when riding at night. I know the first thing should be to try it but I would rather be prepared so i'm not fannying around rather than going for a ride.

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I use a similar wireless Halfords computer with a Fenix L2D torch and there's no interference. Either that or it's so dark that I can't see the computer.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,595
    some led lamps switch power at high frequency, in some cases spewing enough electromagnetic interference about to confuse nearby wireless devices

if it happens, the fix is to move the lights and wireless stuff further away from each other
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • fludey
    fludey Posts: 384
    I had issues with my Hope Vision 1 and a Halfords bike computer, but I found just putting bike computer one side of stem and light on other it was fine.
    Felt AR4
    Planet X Pro Carbon 105
    MTB Kona Kikapu Deluxe with a few upgrades!!
  • The Mechanic
    The Mechanic Posts: 1,277
    I have a Polar CS200 on my bikes and don't have any interference from either my Cateye HL530 nor my dynohub with B&M IQ Cyo front light.
    I have only two things to say to that; Bo***cks