Who would win...

andyp
andyp Posts: 10,069
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
...a fight between a lion and a tiger?

And what chance would the victor have against Bernard Hinault?

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Lion or lioness? Lions are lazy blighters.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • jdfyfe
    jdfyfe Posts: 21
    ...tigers are quicker - they have stripes - so they would win [;)]
  • Wasn't this done in a t.v. programme and the lion won,but the grizzly bear beat them both,or was I dreaming
  • ivancarlos
    ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
    You should know. Is that not a national sport in Kazakstan?

<font color="blue"><b><font size="1">I feel pain!!!!</font id="blue"></b></font id="size1">
    I have pain!
  • <i>Originally posted by ivancarlos</i>

You should know. Is that not a national sport in Kazakstan
    [:D]
    Im not really from kazakhstan you know[:D]
  • grimpeur
    grimpeur Posts: 230
    In a fight between Lion-o and Panthro, Mum-ra the ever living would kick the ass.
  • nikopro
    nikopro Posts: 21
    A twelve bore would beat the pair of them [:D],& Hinault would be the one holding the gun [:D][:D]
  • A lion and a tiger...mummm difficult one.
    But I still reckon the 'Badger' would win.
  • They are both the names of well known beers.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    i miss these types of debate. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    nikopro wrote:
    A twelve bore would beat the pair of them [:D],& Hinault would be the one holding the gun [:D][:D]

Bollox. Not a chance - the spread of a twelve bore is too wide and the pellets don't have enough penetrative effect.

Cruise missile the fecker - that's the only option.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Then again, cage the beast and feed it communters .....
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Should we tell them?Contador wins.Get a bet on now.Oh,and dont trust Bernie Madoff.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    On a similar note, providing you are heterosexual who would you turn for one night only if you absolutely had to ?

This question was posed at a a drunken end of a BBQ last summer and my mate answered almost immediately ( no pretence of mulling it over) and said he would do it with Ponch from CHiPS.....aka Erik Estrada, We have not forgotten and we remind him of it continually. The fact that he is an RSM Para makes it more hilarious.

Ok, my choice would be Elvis, as he looked at his 1968 comeback special.
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    On a similar note, providing you are heterosexual who would you turn for one night only if you absolutely had to ?

This question was posed at a a drunken end of a BBQ last summer and my mate answered almost immediately ( no pretence of mulling it over) and said he would do it with Ponch from CHiPS.....aka Erik Estrada, We have not forgotten and we remind him of it continually. The fact that he is an RSM Para makes it more hilarious.

Ok, my choice would be Elvis, as he looked at his 1968 comeback special.

did you give that a lot of thought? almost as bad as answering straight away :wink:

my first thought was i'd rather cut my nob off but hey each to their own :twisted:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Which would you rather fight - A duck sized tiger, or a tiger sized duck?
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

GGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
  • john_kline
    john_kline Posts: 2,151
    Unlikely to happen they actually live on different continents, Lions live in Africa, Tigers in Asia.
  • DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    If Twycross zoo is to be believed there are asiatic lions. My money's on the tiger though. Much bigger.
  • Which would you rather fight - A duck sized tiger, or a tiger sized duck?
    Surely a tiger sized duck is just a disgruntled cat?!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    ivancarlos wrote:
    You should know. Is that not a national sport in Kazakstan?

<font color="blue"><b><font size="1">I feel pain!!!!</font id="blue"></b></font id="size1">

Its a national sport in Kazakstan and Pakistan to bear bate with 2 dogs with bears who have had their teeth and claws pulled out.
    Sorry to peddle on peoples chips, but it makes my blood boil and I have just paid £20.00 to WSPA to help prevent it. Personally, I would hire Ghurkas and shoot the bastards who do this, but thats just me.

Back to the plot - If it were an Indian Lion, the lion would run away 'cos its diminutive against the tiger (at least not the Sumartran tiger which is a lot smaller). If it were an African lion from East Africa (Masai Mara) it would be carnage and thankfully this is just a hypothetical.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Yossie
    Wolves. Now wolves are vicous fuckkkers. And I don't mean the rubbish football team either.

Anyway, aren't something like badgers meant to be the hardest animals around? Not otters, but something like a badger.

Man sized badger vs wolf. Now you're talking.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    No-one is considering the liger in this debate. They're bred for their skills in magic FFS!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Honey Badgers are mental. They are nails.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    +1 for Honey Badgers. they hold a grudge as well, so will keep going back to pick a fight !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • fnb1
    fnb1 Posts: 591
    One on One, Tiger Wins every time (and has done as it has happened a few times, the Romans apparently did it quite a lot too).

Tiger is on average 100kgs heavier and all of that 'heavier' is muscle and killing tools I think the largest recorded Lions only come come in at the average Tiger size. Grizzly could take either or Polar would have them both at the same time but as above says, not something I would like to imagine being tried.
    fay ce que voudres
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Yossie wrote:
    aren't something like badgers meant to be the hardest animals around?

For this reason I'd like to start a campaign to replace the bulldog with the badger as the animal that the British are routinely compared with. The choice - native species with go-faster stripes, or severely inbred dog?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Yossie
    Bears are also meant to be real, real, real b'stards - they toy with things over a number of hours instead of killing them outright, which is why some say that if cornered by a bear its best to get rid if yourself before they do it.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    afx237vi wrote:
    No-one is considering the liger in this debate. They're bred for their skills in magic FFS!
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/2dp6xfh
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    says something for how far this forums gone downhill when the top topic of conversation is from 2006.

BTW my money is on a Bison crossed with a Polar bear crossed with an monkey - I'd call it The Bi-Polar Ape....or Schopenhauer for short. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    superman v wolverine?

or blanka from street fighter v wolverine?

that would be a kick ass fight
    Keeping it classy since '83