North East Coffee Shops - Where do you stop?

moist_gibbon
moist_gibbon Posts: 19
edited June 2012 in The cake stop
North East Coffee Shops - Where do you stop?

Looking at some new routes around the tyne / wear / Northumberland area and want to know where everyone stops for a coffee and well deserved bit of cake?!

Comments

• Rea-56
    Rea-56 Posts: 2
    Hi, there's a couple of good cafe's, you could try the one at Capheaton, always full on a Saturday and Sunday, but these are the only days the cafe is open, through the week and weekends chollerford cafe gets busy. The village shop at Matfen makes a nice cupper, all above your made to feel welcome in your cycling kit.
  • Rea-56 wrote:
    Hi, there's a couple of good cafe's, you could try the one at Capheaton, always full on a Saturday and Sunday, but these are the only days the cafe is open, through the week and weekends chollerford cafe gets busy. The village shop at Matfen makes a nice cupper, all above your made to feel welcome in your cycling kit.

Ah yes i know Matfen well ... not tried the others but will look into them ...

I'm also partial to a cheeky pint on the way home if the weather's nice, and the pub doesnt mind the lycra! So any cycling friendly pub stops are also welcome comments ...
  • Rea-56
    Rea-56 Posts: 2
    Try the Swinburne arms in stanfordham, it gets busy with cyclist's, it's been a couple of years since I've been but there is the brewery at Matfen, it's on the back road next to the pet hospital.
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    http://www.halchemy.co.uk/he/cafes.pdf

there you go, the definitive list courtesy of the CTC