nevman
nevman Posts: 1,611
edited June 2012 in The bottom bracket
anyone else nostalgic for Cakestop-seems such a long time ago,yet not forgotten
Such memories.
The thread that wouldnt die
Commutergeddon
Speed_King

In another age IT archeology will unearth such treasures,clean them up,catelogue them and place them in a museum for kids to laugh at on wet day trips.

Place your fondest memories here for posterity.
Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
Winter Alan Top Cross
All rounder Spec. Allez.

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    There needs to be an Up date on Ezy-riders decals and Bhimas preperations for world cycling domination forewith!!
  • nevman
    anyone else nostalgic for Cakestop-seems such a long time ago,yet not forgotten
    Such memories.
    The thread that wouldnt die
    Commutergeddon
    Speed_King

In another age IT archeology will unearth such treasures,clean them up,catelogue them and place them in a museum for kids to laugh at on wet day trips.

Place your fondest memories here for posterity.

Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I was going to post a link to the 'Girls In' threads, but it would appear that thye've not been moved, they've been deleted !!!!

Out of order Modmins, a lot of time and effort went into those threads !!! :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • nevman
    Oooh look,its gone wrong already.Or its back?

Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    In years to come will those same IT archeologists ponder on why "Cake stop" and it's posters died overnight; a bit like the extinction of the dinosaurs are today.

All the various theories that my emerge through the mists of time. Well, for those IT archeologists don't theorise, the truth is its demise was brought about by Commutus irrititis analretentumi. A nasty little virus that can find its way quite easily into any sub-site and once there it heads straight to the moderarators and administrators which in cake stops case proved fatal. :cry:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    MattC59 wrote:
    I was going to post a link to the 'Girls In' threads, but it would appear that thye've not been moved, they've been deleted !!!!

Out of order Modmins, a lot of time and effort went into those threads !!! :wink:
    I think they merged them for some reason. It was much better to know if you were getting into a skirt/lycra/knitwear situation instead of this undifferentiated mound of lovelies.
  • Frank the tank
    nathancom wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

I think they merged them for some reason. It was much better to know if you were getting into a skirt/lycra/knitwear situation instead of this undifferentiated mound of lovelies.

All well and good but what if you have an allergy to natural fibres? :shock:
    Tail end Charlie

• Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    nathancom wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

They seem to have merged them into one "Big girls thread"...which is something which sounds almost entirely different from the actual thread contained within.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • MattC59
    It would appear that anythign posted in Cake Stop is routinely deleted now. I jsut posted a tongue in cheek comment about nothing going on in there, and it's already been deleted. Have I moved to China with out being told ?
  • Frank the tank
    MattC59 wrote:
    It would appear that anythign posted in Cake Stop is routinely deleted now. I jsut posted a tongue in cheek comment about nothing going on in there, and it's already been deleted. Have I moved to China with out being told ?

Wait for the door knock.
    Tail end Charlie

• RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Jez mon wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

They seem to have merged them into one "Big girls thread"...which is something which sounds almost entirely different from the actual thread contained within.

Rules suggest that there is room for just one thread within BB and Crudcatcher...but Crudcatcher has one for Blondes, Dark Haired lovelies and Redheads so how come the "girls in" threads couldn't be left alone then?

I would have posted here

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40033&t=12860279

But it has been locked :?
  • MattC59
    RonB wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Rules suggest that there is room for just one thread within BB and Crudcatcher...but Crudcatcher has one for Blondes, Dark Haired lovelies and Redheads so how come the "girls in" threads couldn't be left alone then?

I would have posted here

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40033&t=12860279

But it has been locked :?

Yep, a thread called CakeStop, in the correct area to discuss CakeStop, has been locked. I can only assume that discussion isn't allowed ? :?
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    MattC59 wrote:
    m foruYep, a thread called CakeStop, in the correct area to discuss CakeStop, has been locked. I can only assume that discussion isn't allowed ? :?

Meh, as an admin, it must be fairly annoying to put in hours of unpaid work re-jigging the forum. Only for everyone to complain when the new section is opened.

Honestly, I thought the whole thing had died a bit of a death tbh.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Jez mon wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    m foruYep, a thread called CakeStop, in the correct area to discuss CakeStop, has been locked. I can only assume that discussion isn't allowed ? :?

Meh, as an admin, it must be fairly annoying to put in hours of unpaid work re-jigging the forum. Only for everyone to complain when the new section is opened.

They should have sorted it out correctly then. It could easily have been left, they've just pandered to the minority who've now crawled back under the fat tyred bike they came from. Why have some of the 'sensible' threads come here - Bike Radar - Survey and Off Topic - What Car? Ooooooooh, risque they are!
    And as for the 'big' girls thread, what a cop out. Is there really a need to lump them all together? You should post the pictures of the people that arranged this in there under that title. The irony is that the 'Crud Catcher' where most of the moaning minnies came from retains it's separate threads. Maybe I'll get two or three of us that hardly go there to complain and get that changed now a precedent has been set.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • MattC59
    Jez mon wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

So did I. A handful of people who don't visit said sub-forum, moan for a while. After the moan has run it's course, the thread is locked. It all goes quiet and things return to normal. Normal; including the fact that those who moaned about said sub-forum, and promised to post there if it wasn't so intimidating ( :roll: ), never did.

So, as the whole thing has died a bit of a death, the question which has to be asked, is "why ?"
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    R.I.P Cake Stop. You served us well
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    MattC59 wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

So did I. A handful of people who don't visit said sub-forum, moan for a while. After the moan has run it's course, the thread is locked. It all goes quiet and things return to normal. Normal; including the fact that those who moaned about said sub-forum, and promised to post there if it wasn't so intimidating ( :roll: ), never did.

So, as the whole thing has died a bit of a death, the question which has to be asked, is "why ?"

This! I thought sense had prevailed, but no...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver